News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

Is history factual?

Started by MarcusA, May 04, 2023, 12:00:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

billy rubin

lol

diplomacy is important too

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

The Magic Pudding.

You can have general principles and qualifications of them, like civilised legal systems.
Or you can have a tyranny of simplicity.

That sounds like one of those bald statements you so despise.

Does not, it has a second line, makes all the difference.

MarcusA

History has a way of catching up with you. History can be rewritten but not remade.
This user has been banned for spamming the forum.

billy rubin

the cherokee, chickasaw, seminole, creek, choctaw, ogalala, dakota, wichita, pawnee, crow, nez perce, arapaho, comanche, apache, kiowa, mandan, seneca, iroquois, pottawattamie, huron, mohican, ute,cheyenne, and osage might disagree.

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Asmodean

The Asmo. He might do so as well.

Time will always catch up with you. History..? If you are "lucky," most of yours will be written long after your death. If "not" - it will "never" even know you existed. Such is the view from the ehights of Mount Future. The vast majority of people are just ants, and obscured by the clouds besides.

So... I don't see an argument for history having a way of catching up with people, unless they were prominent participants in "great events," and perhaps not even then.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

MarcusA

With the doctrine of Terra Nullius, White Australians rewrote the history of an entire continent.

Icarus

wisdom appropriate for our current state of being

Icarus

wha' happen? My image did not appear in the post above... I'll  try again.....

Icarus

Lets try this bit of bloody history...........

Recusant

Quote from: Icarus on July 09, 2023, 12:17:25 AMwha' happen? My image did not appear in the post above... I'll  try again.....

The link they supplied is for the Imgur gallery page, rather than for the image itself.

(To get the proper image link from the gallery page, right-click on the image and choose "Copy image address" from the context menu that pops up. Paste the resulting link within img tags here and Bob's yer uncle.)
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Recusant

Quote from: Icarus on July 09, 2023, 02:19:23 AMLets try this bit of bloody history...........

A classic video with appropriately dark humor.  :thumb:
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

MarcusA

I am being sabotaged by an administrator, I suspect. I am out of here if it goes on any longer.

Tank

I moved a couple of your posts. My Bad I should have said, but you didn't answer my last PM so I don't know if you didn't see it or couldn't be bothered to answer.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Recusant

Quote from: MarcusA on July 24, 2023, 06:02:12 AMI am being sabotaged by an administrator, I suspect. I am out of here if it goes on any longer.

You have not replied to any private messages addressed to you from admin that I am aware of. You are welcome to make yourself at home, but ignoring the publican will produce results you may not find pleasing.
— H. L. Mencken