News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

What are you listening to?

Started by gwyn428, January 25, 2009, 09:30:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

billy rubin

why did they choose to cover this simon and garfunkel piece?

i expected nothing but im still disappointed

Tank

Susanna Hoffs. The most needless nose job ever!

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Tank

"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Tank

Tank

Asmodean

The Asmo is in a remarkably Norse mood these days. All tagelharpy and stuff.

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Tank

billy rubin

forty years now.

just the blink of an eye.

the year this film was made was closer to the middle of world war 2 that it is to today.

Asmodean

In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

The Magic Pudding.

billy rubin

ive never been to a ballet. if i ever go, i want to go to this one

hermes2015

Billy, I applaud your choice of a first ballet to see. I've seen The Firebird three times in various places and I am overwhelmed every time. Please make the effort to attend a performance. Nothing can compare with the experience of feeling the music in your gut. Speaking of Stravinsky, I've also seen The Rite of Spring a number of time as well. The weirdest was probably a performance in Amsterdam, where there was practically no set apart from creative lighting and with the dancers dressed in gym outfits. The orchestra played marvellously, though.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

The Magic Pudding.

Asmodean

In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

billy rubin

Quote from: hermes2015 on March 12, 2023, 04:35:51 AMBilly, I applaud your choice of a first ballet to see. I've seen The Firebird three times in various places and I am overwhelmed every time. Please make the effort to attend a performance. Nothing can compare with the experience of feeling the music in your gut. Speaking of Stravinsky, I've also seen The Rite of Spring a number of time as well. The weirdest was probably a performance in Amsterdam, where there was practically no set apart from creative lighting and with the dancers dressed in gym outfits. The orchestra played marvellously, though.

im a long way from any ballet cpmpannies. pittsbirgh is only 80 miles though. ill keep my eyes out

on le sacre du printemps, i dont see how any production could fail to be weird, given the subject matter