News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

Assuming evolution is correct, do you think that if humans went extinct another

Started by Curt, December 24, 2020, 03:27:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

billy rubin

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Ecurb Noselrub

I'm an idiot savant.  I can see a new type of booze one time and drink it immediately.

Icarus

Quote from: billy rubin on December 27, 2020, 06:54:15 PM
the problem is diplomatic. my lovely wife willmake a cazual off hand remark about something. i will procesz it and then if it doesnt comeup again i will forget it.

literally MONTHS later she will add a second remark to the first, and expect me to know what she iz talking about.

if i dont immediately make the connection and generate an appropriate rezponse im iup shit creek:

WHAT? I TOLD YOU THAT ALREADY!

and so she did , sort of

Billy there is an ongoing female conspiracy that we men do not understand.  My wife behaves in the same way.  She                                                                                                                                       tells me something of little consequence and expects me to remember it three months later. My lovely wife is aghast to learn that I do not want to watch Bridgerton on the tube.  She does not understand that I would much rather read a book about the importance of the Gulf Stream flow. (called Atlantic Meridional Overturning Circulation....AMOC for short)  I have been told that brains operate with electrical impulses of some sort.  I have determined that the female brain operates on AC current and the male brain uses mostly DC current.

Randy

Quote from: Icarus on March 06, 2021, 01:07:15 AM
Quote from: billy rubin on December 27, 2020, 06:54:15 PM
the problem is diplomatic. my lovely wife willmake a cazual off hand remark about something. i will procesz it and then if it doesnt comeup again i will forget it.

literally MONTHS later she will add a second remark to the first, and expect me to know what she iz talking about.

if i dont immediately make the connection and generate an appropriate rezponse im iup shit creek:

WHAT? I TOLD YOU THAT ALREADY!

and so she did , sort of

Billy there is an ongoing female conspiracy that we men do not understand.  My wife behaves in the same way.  She                                                                                                                                       tells me something of little consequence and expects me to remember it three months later. My lovely wife is aghast to learn that I do not want to watch Bridgerton on the tube.  She does not understand that I would much rather read a book about the importance of the Gulf Stream flow. (called Atlantic Meridional Overturning Circulation....AMOC for short)  I have been told that brains operate with electrical impulses of some sort.  I have determined that the female brain operates on AC current and the male brain uses mostly DC current.
Yeah, I have to change my batteries often.
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

billy rubin

Quote from: Icarus on March 06, 2021, 01:07:15 AM
  I have determined that the female brain operates on AC current and the male brain uses mostly DC current.

Quote from: Randy on March 06, 2021, 01:16:32 AM
Yeah, I have to change my batteries often.

i confess that ^^^this shit made me laugh

i don't know what to do about my wife. she's problematic, but i don't see where i can expect oteherwise.

and she' still here, working through it. as am i.

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Dark Lightning

There is an old FORTRAN program called SINDA. Systems Integrated Numerical Differencing Analyzer. It's still in use in various descendants. Women are SINDA. When they walk into a room, the first thing that they notice is what has changed. Guys pretty much don't care if the stuff is moved around, as long as it's still there (or not). It's weird.

billy rubin