News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

Live Results

Started by Arturo, November 08, 2016, 05:42:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steeler

When I stepped up to vote, I felt I was voting for the future of the scotus. I'm not a big fan of trump, but the thought of Hillary makes me sick.  Simply tired of being labeled a racist bigot for not supporting her.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Tank on November 09, 2016, 10:57:39 AM
Just speechless and fed up with the dumbing down of the world.

From the movie 'Idiocracy'.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Asmodean on November 09, 2016, 06:20:45 AM
I'm too busy with work to hang out much this week, but just thought I'd pop in and comment on this whole Trump situation.

I don't think it matters much to me who wins the US elections, beyond my overseas stocks taking a dive proportional to Trump's lead. The point I want to make, is that electing Trump would indeed be a very American thing to do, would it not? I don't remember many US presidents. Of those I do, I remember Mr. Clinton as quite competent, then the Americans elected Bush Jr, who was a monkey in a suit. Then Obama, who did try to fix what was broken by his predecessor and will overall be remembered moderately well by me. Now that it's time to drive the USA to shits again, who better to do it than a new suited monkey?

In any case, too bad for you reasonable Americans that Hillary's chances seems to be theoretical only, but I do not lament the potential for pointing and laughing for the next four years.

I think it should matter to the rest of the world because Trump's got more potential to screw up than Hillary in international matters. If his future policies only affected the US then it wouldn't matter to me. 

I never thought there could be a president more ridiculous than George Bush Jr.

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Davin

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on November 09, 2016, 02:26:30 PM
I'm too busy with work to hang out much this week, but just thought I'd pop in and comment on this whole Trump situation.

I don't think it matters much to me who wins the US elections, beyond my overseas stocks taking a dive proportional to Trump's lead. The point I want to make, is that electing Trump would indeed be a very American thing to do, would it not? I don't remember many US presidents. Of those I do, I remember Mr. Clinton as quite competent, then the Americans elected Bush Jr, who was a monkey in a suit. Then Obama, who did try to fix what was broken by his predecessor and will overall be remembered moderately well by me. Now that it's time to drive the USA to shits again, who better to do it than a new suited monkey?

In any case, too bad for you reasonable Americans that Hillary's chances seems to be theoretical only, but I do not lament the potential for pointing and laughing for the next four years.

I think it should matter to the rest of the world because Trump's got more potential to screw up than Hillary in international matters. If his future policies only affected the US then it wouldn't matter to me. 

The really bad part is, that most of the idiots who voted for Trump, are too stupid to be able to look back in four years and see that they made a mistake when the country gets higher unemployment and an shit economy. Because I would at least like to say, "I told you so" in the future, but it will do no good on people so thick and lacking in mirrors.

Facts don't work on the weak minded.

Maybe that is too harsh against the Trump chumps but they did willfully ignore reality and I don't know any more accurate labels for people that do so.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Asmodean

Well, yes. I did put in a small disclaimer about my overseas stocks, which in larger context points to the global economy going to shits. That would be bad. What I meant by "doesn't matter much to me" is that it doesn't affect me specifically in any profound way. A small and relatively open economy like Norway may as a whole feel some backlash of US isolationism, but how much of it cannot be contained remains to be seen.

So yes, it matters. To what degree, I cannot say for certain, but right here, right now, it doesn't seem to turn my life upside down any time soon.

Ridiculous Trump may be, but that's a judgement of Trump the person, not Trump the office of the president of the United States. For my part, I reserve that until such time as I have at least some facts on which to base it.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Steeler

Quote from: Davin on November 09, 2016, 02:44:12 PM

The really bad part is, that most of the idiots who voted for Trump, are too stupid to be able to look back in four years and see that they made a mistake when the country gets higher unemployment and an shit economy. Because I would at least like to say, "I told you so" in the future, but it will do no good on people so thick and lacking in mirrors.

Maybe that is too harsh against the Trump chumps but they did willfully ignore reality and I don't know any more accurate labels for people that do so.

Fact is, you and I live in different realities. But the difference is, I respect yours.

Pasta Chick

Quote from: Steeler on November 09, 2016, 01:34:45 PM
When I stepped up to vote, I felt I was voting for the future of the scotus. I'm not a big fan of trump, but the thought of Hillary makes me sick.  Simply tired of being labeled a racist bigot for not supporting her.

It's not NOT supporting Hillary... Most people, including myself have reservations about some
of her policies.

It's supporting Trump. You do not get to support a racist, misogynist, xenophobe and then piss and moan about being "disrespected" when someone tells you it's a bullshit move.

Davin

Quote from: Steeler on November 09, 2016, 03:02:36 PM
Quote from: Davin on November 09, 2016, 02:44:12 PM

Fact is, you and I live in different realities. But the difference is, I respect yours.
That is not in fact a fact. Facts don't change person to person or based on perspectives. I don't care if you respect "my reality," but we'd all be better served if you and everyone else respected actual reality. Instead, America is going to be worse off.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Pasta Chick on November 09, 2016, 03:18:17 PM

It's not NOT supporting Hillary... Most people, including myself have reservations about some
of her policies.

It's supporting Trump. You do not get to support a racist, misogynist, xenophobe and then piss and moan about being "disrespected" when someone tells you it's a bullshit move.

Yeah, I'm getting a lot of this from FB friends.  And I'm really sorry about it, but you can't tell me so many people voted for a man who was endorsed by the KKK and the American Nazi Party and there was no racism involved. 
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Magdalena

Well, my dear, Steeler, you did vote for a man who said it's OK to grab women by the pussy, who doesn't pay taxes and hates "certain" people.

...how proud you must be.  :clapping:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Arturo

Look if that's the reason you voted for Trump then that's a bad reason. We should be voting for the best, not the least worse.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Steeler

Davin, we just use our words differently I suppose.
Pasta and Cats, I hear it, but I don't get the racist thing.
I haven't seen anything about his past that supports him being a racist. So what if a group endorses him. Did he contact them first asking for endorsement? I haven't seen evidence of that.
Hillary's super predator comments are more racist than anything I've heard him say.
Speculate all you like about my motives for voting the anti Hillary ticket.
Tried to be respectful one last time without getting into one of the famous word nitpicking games but oh well.
For the record, his pussy comments mean nothing to me. He's a dude, that's the way dudes talk to other dudes.
Hillary is a crooked mainstream politician, tired of them.
Enjoy.

MadBomr101

Okay, so the orange orangutan won. Enough people were fed up with the political status quo to hand supreme executive power off to an unhousebroken buffoon for no other reason than he was something different than business as usual.

Now what?

Well, for myself, I'm going to embrace the upcoming calamity that will be the Trump administration. I'm removing myself from the equation by holding no stake in the outcome so that I can watch the shitstorm that's coming and enjoy it for the entertainment value - like pulling off the road to watch the aftermath of a bad accident.

Hillary was a terrible choice from the start. Like most politicians, she's greedy, corrupt, and deceitful. She was everything nobody wanted. The DNC screwed this country by sabotaging Bernie who also represented a change, something the DNC didn't want. They wanted the status quo so they shoved Hillary down our throats and now we have President-elect Trump to show for it.

Fuck you, DNC.
- Bomr
I'm waiting for the movie of my life to be made.  It should cost about $7.23 and that includes the budget for special effects.

Pasta Chick

If you don't see how Trump is racist, you're either filtering out information you don't want to see with stunning ability, or you are racist. And again, I'm not saying anyone is the "string n*****s up in a tree" sort of racist, but that's not the only brand of racism in the world and as America just proved, the subtle, systemic type is absolutely rampant.

Trump's Long History of Racism

And remember, while the consequences of any "ism" are harmful, individual statements may seem benign or even positive. "Oh, you're Asian? You must be so good at math!" IS an extremely racist statement. Which makes all of Trumps carrying on about how much he likes and hires Jews because they're so great with money really fucking gross.

Magdalena

Quote from: Steeler on November 09, 2016, 05:18:13 PM
For the record, his pussy comments mean nothing to me. He's a dude, that's the way dudes talk to other dudes.
That's fine if he is just a dumb dude  ::), but now he's our president, he represents you around the world. Are you a pussy grabbing dude...like him? Can anyone grab his wife's pussy whenever they feel like it? I can't wait to see what he'll do when he meets Queen Elizabeth II, will he bow down before the queen? Shake her hand? or grab her by the...
~Very classy and educated man you voted for.

I'm sorry I'm taking it out on you, Steeler, but you did make yourself available for this.  :-\

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant