News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

Obama's Social Security Number Challenged

Started by AnimatedDirt, July 05, 2012, 09:40:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fester30

As for how all this applies to Obama's citizenship challenges, I do think his opponents would have been more successful this whole time dealing more with the facts on record with respect to his presidency than to waste time highlighting the birther movement.  Every time Fox News gave a voice to the birther movement I have a feeling all they were doing is playing to voters who were already on that side of the fence.  To win over the important independents, you've got to try to distance yourself from fringe elements, IMO.

Sweetdeath

Quote from: Asmodean on July 07, 2012, 02:58:40 PM
What I meant was that with the amount of bad information floating out there disguised as legitimate facts, it is every average Joe's responsibility to choose his news sources with more care than "whatever's on the tube when I press the button"

I agree.
More people HAVE the ability to learn more. They just don't want to make the effort.
"It's such hard work after all, and American idol is on next."    ::)

Most people stay ignorant because they want to in the U.S.
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Firebird

Quote from: AnimatedDirt on July 05, 2012, 10:48:19 PM
Quote from: Velma on July 05, 2012, 10:44:53 PM
I did not realize you were a birther, AD.  Like Ali, I have to admit I find it rather funny that birthers keep demanding proof while saying that no amount of proof would make them accept the fact that the President is a US citizen.  My brain no longer allows that amount of cognitive dissonance.

I'm not demanding proof.  He's already president.  It will just be a happy day when he's found to have duped "you" all.  Or I'll just say I was wrong.  :)
Have to say I'm rather disappointed in you AD. I may have disagreed with you before, but you seemed a reasonable guy up until now. Dislike Obama all you want, but what say you about him producing his long-form birth certificate? Another fake? Seems that should be enough evidence for you to admit you're wrong.
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

AnimatedDirt

Quote from: Firebird on July 08, 2012, 12:27:38 AM
Quote from: AnimatedDirt on July 05, 2012, 10:48:19 PM
Quote from: Velma on July 05, 2012, 10:44:53 PM
I did not realize you were a birther, AD.  Like Ali, I have to admit I find it rather funny that birthers keep demanding proof while saying that no amount of proof would make them accept the fact that the President is a US citizen.  My brain no longer allows that amount of cognitive dissonance.

I'm not demanding proof.  He's already president.  It will just be a happy day when he's found to have duped "you" all.  Or I'll just say I was wrong.  :)
Have to say I'm rather disappointed in you AD. I may have disagreed with you before, but you seemed a reasonable guy up until now. Dislike Obama all you want, but what say you about him producing his long-form birth certificate? Another fake? Seems that should be enough evidence for you to admit you're wrong.

Sorry to disappoint you.  I'll do my best to do better by you.