News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

Re: Reasons To Be Grumpy thread

Started by jumbojak, October 27, 2012, 09:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

billy rubin

shoot

got fired.

i was recorded on camera setting a deztination on my gps while the truck was moving. telephones or internet devices are illegal to use but gps devicez are legal.

still, i suspect they needed to cut down on drivers and were looking for excuses. they canned a dispatcher the same day. on day shjft there will be five drivers and 19 empty trucks left at the yard.

i showed up with a resignation letter already written and they took that and just tore up the dismissal paperwork. so i quit rather than was dismissed. it pays to be prepared. in this industry its useful to keep an undated resignation letter in your clioboard.

thirty minutes later i was interviewing at another company thats looking for drivwrs and who contacred me a week ago

we'll see

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Dark Lightning

Good luck with a new gig soon, Billy!

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

billy rubin

thank you both

being an essential worker, i'm more or less an interchangeable part, so if someone is hiring i can step right into the gap.

but th eindustry is down right now, demand is slow and the producers have the chokes on the wells set at minimum, and are shutting others in entirely. oil and gas is finally reaching the end of its run, perhaps.

so i'm planting fruit trees an dbuilding up the beehives. so long as i'm willing to survive on peaches and honey i'll be in good shape.

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Randy

Sad to hear that you got fired but you have years of experience. That will count on getting the new gig. You'll be up and running in no time. In the meantime you do have your honey and peaches. :)
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

Randy

Nine days and completely silent. If one wants to talk about frustrating, this will do it. My ENT put me on some antibiotics and steroids. He saw a swelling as well as something developing in my throat. I don't know when I'll be able to speak again if there is a "when". I'll see him again in two weeks.

I've also got a CT scheduled by my oncologist. This is quite early in the routine. I guess she wants to see if the straws we are grasping at are working. I hope they are. As my ENT said today, "All we can do is keep it at bay, There is no cure." I figured that out a long time ago. Still, I'm bracing myself for bad news just in case. I'd rather be relieved than caught off guard.
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

Magdalena

Quote from: Randy on October 10, 2020, 01:04:16 AM
Nine days and completely silent. If one wants to talk about frustrating, this will do it. My ENT put me on some antibiotics and steroids. He saw a swelling as well as something developing in my throat. I don't know when I'll be able to speak again if there is a "when". I'll see him again in two weeks.

I've also got a CT scheduled by my oncologist. This is quite early in the routine. I guess she wants to see if the straws we are grasping at are working. I hope they are. As my ENT said today, "All we can do is keep it at bay, There is no cure." I figured that out a long time ago. Still, I'm bracing myself for bad news just in case. I'd rather be relieved than caught off guard.
Wow, Randy, I can only imagine:
QuoteIf one wants to talk about frustrating, this will do it.
I'm sorry to hear this.
I don't know what to say. What can one say?

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Magdalena

Quote from: billy rubin on October 09, 2020, 04:02:40 PM
shoot

got fired.

thirty minutes later i was interviewing at another company thats looking for drivwrs and who contacred me a week ago

we'll see

:therethere:
billy rubin,
humble azpirant to the throne3 of typos
Not Defeated by the Dark Night of the Soul
Who claims to
actually not know what LætusAtheos means...

You'll be OK.

:)

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

xSilverPhinx

My right arm is sunburnt.  ::) Like, really sunburnt up to my sleeve, so there's going to be a mark there.

The other one is fine.

So now I'm going to have a tanned half right arm and a non-tanned left. Good thing I have a sense of humour.  :P
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

No one

I get 3 shades darker just opening the fridge.

hermes2015

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on October 25, 2020, 02:04:32 PM
My right arm is sunburnt.  ::) Like, really sunburnt up to my sleeve, so there's going to be a mark there.

The other one is fine.

So now I'm going to have a tanned half right arm and a non-tanned left. Good thing I have a sense of humour.  :P

Did a taxi finally stop for you?
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: hermes2015 on October 26, 2020, 02:51:43 AM

The other one is fine.

Heh, the way it's peeling now no taxi will ever let me hop in.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Randy

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on November 04, 2020, 12:14:33 AM

The other one is fine.

I'm missing something somewhere. What does a taxi have to do with a sunburned arm?  :foottap:

Dark Lightning

The other one is fine.

:lynch: CONTAGION!  ;D

hermes2015

Quote from: Randy on November 04, 2020, 02:10:27 AM

The other one is fine.

I'm missing something somewhere. What does a taxi have to do with a sunburned arm?  :foottap:

Well, I imagined xSilverPhinx standing at the roadside, trying to hail a taxi, with her right arm up in the bright sunshine.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames