News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Paint and pigments

Started by hermes2015, July 02, 2020, 04:30:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

billy rubin

on those human body prints, theyre often shown in large groups.

the canvas? paper? to do those must have been huge.

did he hang those things up in those large  groups? how did he display them?

who s got em now?

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

billy rubin

ultramarine was the color my kids chose for my race bike. currently its just painted new holland blue, but the ultramarine is still in the plan.

klein's stuff iz so minimalist it fascinatez me. you cant help but interact with the work in your head because it juzt azks you queztions without suggezting answers

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

hermes2015

Quote from: billy rubin on July 04, 2020, 01:10:46 PM
on those human body prints, theyre often shown in large groups.

the canvas? paper? to do those must have been huge.

did he hang those things up in those large  groups? how did he display them?

who s got em now?

Strangely enough, I was telling someone about these performance art works just a week ago. I had the good fortune to attend a re-enactment of his technique at the Centre Pompidou in Paris when I was a student. The name of the artist who played the part of Yves Klein escapes me now. Here is a video showing Klein himself:

http://www.yvesklein.com/en/articles/view/23/yves-klein-s-body-imprints-told-by-rotraut

The performance I saw was exactly as shown in this video, but you may think my reaction was rather philistine, because I remember being disappointed that the nude models were female!

The works are displayed in various museums.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames