News:

Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

Faux "News" Gets Their Ass Handed to Them

Started by Dark Lightning, April 19, 2023, 03:29:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dark Lightning

I'd really rather it had gone to trial and the full $1.6 BILLION USD was handed over to Dominion, but they settled, pre-trial, for $787.5 MILLION. Next up is Giulani, and there's another voting machine company out hunting heads, as well. Will this make the magats happy? No, and they'll bitch about conspiracies and unfairness. Har-de-har-har on Faux "News"

Recusant

I was reading about that--the trial would have been more damaging to Fox News. As it is, they'll just take the financial hit and carry on. In a trial, propagandists like Carlson and Ingraham would be put on the stand and have to publicly admit that they were indeed spinning yarns of used toilet paper for their gullible audience.

They would also have to admit that they knew perfectly well what they were doing. The evidence already made public pins them down. While the existence of that evidence has not made a dent in their audience as far as I can tell, admissions under oath would be hard to ignore.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Tank

Trump supporters are professional reality deniers. A little bit more reality won't make the slightest difference to them. They live in perpetual denial.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Dark Lightning

True enough on both counts. At least they got publicly and economically spanked. Their followers will probably donate a bunch to help them out. Look how the followers donated to the chump when he was indited.  ::)

billy rubin

domimion should not have settled. fox needs to lose and make a transparent on air retraction

the next suit is supposedly a better case, and is for 2.6? billion

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.