Minnesota (U.S.) art professor fired for showing art depicting Muhammad

Started by Anne D., January 21, 2023, 02:44:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

No one

Cry babies and their worthless, cowardly, piece of shit prophet.

mo the pig fucker, is a real fucking milksop.

I hope she wins, and sends the crybaby a bacon pie.

Old Seer

In the US, a person cannot be punished for exercising of a right. There's more to it then this but I'll leave it there.
The only thing possible the world needs saving from are the ones running it.
Oh lord, save us from those wanting to save us.
I'm not a Theist.

billy rubin

in america, there is a right to express, and a privilege not to be offended. they are not equal.

it seems that the instructor did everything reasonable to prevent anybody being offended. the person who reported the infraction went out of her way to be offended, by ignoring the warnings and by reversing her apparent acceptance of the presentation.

in america, it is not a right not to be offended. it is a right to be able to express reasonable topic in a public forum.

the instructor was in the right, and the offended complainer was in the wrong, in my opinion.

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Dark Lightning

I agree, Billy. The whole business of showing the so-called prophet's likeness being forbidden is a relatively recent phenomenon.

billy rubin

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Icarus

Parts of our world has become both sick and stupid. In Florida my governor and his henchmen have made it a serious violation for a teacher to even mention CRT or any so called WOKE subjects.

So what if a teacher in Minnesota shows a picture of a dude riding a horse into the sky? Religious zealots are among the worst kinds of fascists.

No one

desantis is a pigeonhearted, pea-brained, reprehensible sack of shit!

i sincerely hope his death is extremely slow, and excruciatingly painful.

Fuck anyone who "thinks"* like him.

*-these morons don't actually think, they are just parrots who have an incurable case of verbal diarrhea, coupled with the IQ of a mentally stunted mealworm.

Have i ever mentioned that i fucking hate the hoomans?

Tank

Quote from: billy rubin on January 21, 2023, 10:17:48 PMin america, there is a right to express, and a privilege not to be offended. they are not equal.

it seems that the instructor did everything reasonable to prevent anybody being offended. the person who reported the infraction went out of her way to be offended, by ignoring the warnings and by reversing her apparent acceptance of the presentation.

in america, it is not a right not to be offended. it is a right to be able to express reasonable topic in a public forum.

the instructor was in the right, and the offended complainer was in the wrong, in my opinion.

Well said.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Tank

Quote from: No one on January 22, 2023, 09:25:37 AMdesantis is a pigeonhearted, pea-brained, reprehensible sack of shit!

i sincerely hope his death is extremely slow, and excruciatingly painful.

Fuck anyone who "thinks"* like him.

*-these morons don't actually think, they are just parrots who have an incurable case of verbal diarrhea, coupled with the IQ of a mentally stunted mealworm.

Have i ever mentioned that i fucking hate the hoomans?

See there is someone worse that you :)

No one

You are gravely mistaken.

There is nothing worse than me. Absolutely nothing!

Asmodean

We have this situation in NATO now where Turkey is Islam-blocking a Swedish membership because the Swedes did the only right thing and let a dude do with his personal property as he wished, in spite of said property being the Qur'an and the said doing as he wished being burning thereof.

All in all, I think Sweden is far more useful to NATO than Turkey, due to them Swedes being crafty when it comes to making pretty impressive weapon systems, but then Turkey was there first.

I'm not one to burn books, flags or photos for symbolic value, as I find it difficult to buy into such symbols to begin with, but I wonder if maybe we really should burn more Qur'ans - just because we bloody well can.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Bluenose

Freedom of religion includes the right not to be forced to follow any particular religious practice.  It is fine for the Mullahs to say that observant Muslims may not depict images of their prophet.  It is entirely out of order for them to seek to impose that upon non-Muslims.
+++ Divide by cucumber error: please reinstall universe and reboot.  +++

GNU Terry Pratchett

Asmodean

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.