News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

Can you tell me a story?

Started by Biggus Dickus, March 14, 2022, 12:23:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Biggus Dickus

Can you tell me a story? One which will evoke the memories of those who have gone before us? One that will, if only for a short time, make it possible to relive a moment in our lives? One that will forge a real connection to a person, a place, a time or even an idea?

I want to hear these stories.

I need to hear these stories.

I want, and need to feel connected to those moments, moments known or unknown, sad or happy, horrifying or hopeful.

So please, tell me a story,...share something intimate with me so I can feel these things again or maybe for the first time.

Please, you can begin,...
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

No one

There once was a man from Nantucket, have you heard this one?

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: No one on March 14, 2022, 12:25:44 AM
There once was a man from Nantucket, have you heard this one?

Oh yes, I've heard these stories before...that guy really got around. ;D

Tell me a story about you No One.

Pretty please? :poke:

Icarus

I was in the Coast Guard during the Korean war. I was stationed in Groton Connecticut at a training station. I had graduated from two of the courses with whatever amounted to honors in the military.  I was somehow retained at that station, to serve as a teacher of Math and electricity. . I then had some privileges that allowed me to leave the base as if my duty amounted to an ordinary job.  I was a motorcycle guy and had a high end Brit bike. I got a part time job at a local motorcycle shop. I was an accomplished bike mechanic among other things.

One winter week end day, when the snow was on the ground, I was working in the shop.  I heard the sound of a motorcycle in the distance. It was approaching the shop. What the hell! who would be crazy enough to be riding in this kind of weather?

The rider, shut off the bike, came in the door and removed the gauntlets, and helmet. As the rider removed the helmet a fall of beautiful silver hair fell out.  For Christs sake this is a woman who is dumb, or gutsy, or determined enough to ride through the snow on her Triumph Tiger 500.

I was a Florida guy who had encountered a lunatic New England woman riding a motorcycle in the damned snow. One thing led to another and over a period of time we became friends. I was really captivated by her silver gray natural hair. She was only 24 years old. It became more serious over a fairly short time.  I became captivated, less by her hair but by her personality and her bravery.

Making this story short, I can say that I fell in love with her, and she with me, and I married a damned Yankee. I have always wondered how I had become so fortunate. I still wonder at that to this day.

We were married, had one child, a daughter named Terri. Lorraine died suddenly after our thirty years of dedicated devotion to one another. A massive coronary that occurred during the night while we were sleeping. To say that I was crushed, would be a tremendous understatement.

After some time had passed, I became involved with a younger woman. After about three years we were married and that was how I got here. Elaine is 15 years younger than I am but we get along well enough.  We have been married for 34 years and I love her, but I have never forgotten and never will not be in love with Lorraine.

This story has a lot more to tell,  much more emotion to reveal, and the damnation that I live with because I had failed to bring her flowers for no other reason than that I loved her and appreciated her unwavering dedication to our little family.

There PB is that a suitable start?

I would not spill my guts so freely for just anyone or certainly not to a miscellaneous group.  At HAF I feel a different vibe.

billy rubin

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Biggus Dickus

So Icarus stepped up to the plate, and on the very first pitch hits the ball right out of the damn ball part!

Icarus -You exceeded my expectations, thank you... though I shouldn't be surprised, in fact I'm really not surprised as you have shared similar, heart-filled stories of your life before in other threads here on the forum. 

Your story is beautiful. I feel like I was there, this moment when you first met Lorraine. I can almost picture the moment,...a young handsome man with his whole life ahead of him, working in the shop when he hears the motorcycle approaching, and you look up from your work, perhaps a bit of dirt or grim on your strong, young face just as Lorraine takes off her helmet and shakes her silvered colored hair loose as she looks over at you and smiles. It's like a scene from a movie.

This is one of those moments in our lives, one out of all the thousands of days which we have lived, that have put an indelible mark on our minds and hearts, which to me are sort of like screen-shots. Not only never to be forgotten, but as the relay the importance such a moment has on the rest of our days.

Thanks again Icarus, and to the rest of you...the bar has been set high, very high indeed!

No one

This one time, I took a 3 hour tour, it turned into a lot longer than that.

The country girl and the movie star were fun though.

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: No one on March 14, 2022, 06:26:31 PM
This one time, I took a 3 hour tour, it turned into a lot longer than that.

The country girl and the movie star were fun though.

I've had dreams about that movie star... 8)

I thought you were going to tell me the story about the man named No One
the poor mountaineer, who barely kept his family fed,
And then one day No One was shooting at some food,
And up through the ground come a bubblin crude.

Oil that is, black gold, Texas tea.

Icarus

^ that story is called; Acres of Diamonds.  It occurred in Pennsylvania not Texas.

MarcusA

The story of my life is a tale of one mistake after the other.
This user has been banned for spamming the forum.