Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

Quote from: Arturo on September 23, 2017, 06:04:59 PM
Quote from: Dave on September 22, 2017, 01:00:16 PM
...you almost certainly live with a high level, if in peaks, of stress...

I'm still trying to figure out what you meant by this...

From some of your posts you appear to be angry or worried. Both of these emotions will increase the stress hormones flowing in your bloodstream. These hormones interfere with the body's immune and repair systems and may do actual damage on their own. "Cosmetic" gym work may not help the heart, I am sure you are aware of the differences between cardiac exercise and body building - not sure which you indulge in most, just sayin'.

If you indulge in wacky backy the oxidants, tars, particulates and other nasty smoke ingredients are not a lot different from tobacco, indulgers just do not normally smoke as much but . . . Alcohol and highly processed foods are also not good. Sugar and salt add into the equation.

Arturo, I am no doctor but I would put you over the 50% grade for a heart attack at some point in your life going by my experience and the anecdotal evidence I have seen and heard. No heart attack is wholly recoverable from, the heart does not repair itself. Even a minor one at an early sge (25+) will have its effeft and its implications later in life.

It's your life, mate, I can only advise. Chest pains that last more than a few minutes should never be ignored. Don't end up getting puffed doing things that you breeze through now, taking 15 tablets a day, having blood tests at least once a month, being in danger of diabetes and kidney problems, getting a bit bothered when the 7 year battery in your cardiac implant suddenly fails at the 3 year mark  etc etc etc.

PS: should also add that I should have died three times so far, probably mentioned it before but the chance if death is ever present in cardiac disease. If the first attack does not kill you and you do not seek help then . . . Good chance you will have a second that does! Could be the next day.

Knowledge is strength - ignorance is a weakness. The more you know the more you can do, the better your chances of success.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Arturo

I thought that's what you meant Dave. I do sometimes do cardio but not often I admit. I think I can attribute my moods to not getting enough sunlight and having some troubled times in my past that lasted long enough to shape me into the person I am today.

I also think on a nutritonal level, it may have been the food I was eating. I was having a lot of simple carbs but I cannot recall any complex carbs. For laymans terms, complex carbs last longer and are better for your heart. I had a potato for breakfast this morning and I could feel my chest feeling better as the potato went down my esophagus.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

jumbojak

A potato isn't going to help your heart. At least not as you are swallowing it. Since you didn't call 911 when you were having the episode go to the doctor.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Arturo

Quote from: jumbojak on September 24, 2017, 03:46:41 AM
A potato isn't going to help your heart. At least not as you are swallowing it. Since you didn't call 911 when you were having the episode go to the doctor.

Actually food gets absorbed in the esophagus as well.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Dave

Arturo, the reasons for your moods is not the issue, it is the fact that you suffer them that does the damage. Are you really sure it is just a lack of sunshihe? If you mean something like Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD) I did not know that you lived in Alaska or, perhaps, in a totally enclosed room with no natural (or artificial equivalent) light for most of the day for months on end.

Arturo

No I don't livr in Alaska but I spend a lot of time indoors as compared to when I was younger. During that time I was also much happier. Things weren't perfect but at least I did not feel 70% horrible.

Even after I spent sometime outside the past few days I can say things are not perfect for me but I am content.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Dave

Quote from: Arturo on September 24, 2017, 11:44:17 AM
No I don't livr in Alaska but I spend a lot of time indoors as compared to when I was younger. During that time I was also much happier. Things weren't perfect but at least I did not feel 70% horrible.

Even after I spent sometime outside the past few days I can say things are not perfect for me but I am content.

Being indoors a lot (like myself) does no good for your vitamin D ration (and thus your calcium utilization, critical for kids and oldies) but enough natural light gets through the windows to redyce the chances of SAD. Having said that somevpeople still suffer fed-upness yo mild reactive droresdion even in the UK during the short days. Though some of that can be the reaction to the stressful buildup to xmas and the usual let down after! Given up bothering meself, just get in something special to eat, something chocolatey and a whole bottle of wine. Good excuse ennit!

Magdalena

:sad sigh: I've been feeling anxious all day.
But I don't want to talk about it.
I've been excessively posting all day.
Sorry about that.  :run!:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

jumbojak

I've been anxious myself. Posted quite a bit too, here and elsewhere.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Tank

Quote from: Magdalena on September 26, 2017, 04:41:14 AM
:sad sigh: I've been feeling anxious all day.
But I don't want to talk about it.
I've been excessively posting all day.
Sorry about that.  :run!:
There is no such thing as excessive posting  :snooty:
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Tank

Quote from: jumbojak on September 26, 2017, 05:42:52 AM
Well the world didn't end (again) so we can also relax.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Tank

There is a large spider running around on the floor. I can cope with the spider it's just my lazy dog (Katie) woofing at it that's pissing me off.

Dave

Quote from: Tank on September 26, 2017, 06:37:00 AM
There is a large spider running around on the floor. I can cope with the spider it's just my lazy dog (Katie) woofing at it that's pissing me off.

My friend's dog would have eaten it.

Velma

Quote from: Dave on September 26, 2017, 07:19:55 AM
Quote from: Tank on September 26, 2017, 06:37:00 AM

My friend's dog would have eaten it.
So would three of our four cats. (One of our cats is a literal scaredy-cat. He's afraid of everything. A mild sneeze from me or my husband sends him into hiding for an hour or more. No idea why. I suppose not all cats can be brave.)
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

Magdalena

Quote from: jumbojak on September 26, 2017, 05:42:52 AM
Strange, isn't it?  :shifty:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant