News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Icarus

For several days I have been motivated to pull some weeds that grace my front yard landscape.  The weeds are a sort that has "stickers" that can easily be attached to ones clothing and transported elsewhere.  The pesky and common Florida weed has an abundance of small white flowers. 

Every day I go out to pull those damned weeds from my Sheffalera bed.  I do not pull the weeds because there are bees working tirelessly on the blooms.  they are busy little critters.  There seem to be three different kinds of bees.  The most frequent and most busy are tiny little fellas that are not much more than a half inch long.  A different few of them are larger, about three quarters to seven eighths inch long.  The most peculiar one that I have seen is a medium size but he has a black wing that is longer than the wings of the other bees.  I have never seen a black winged bee before.  A hornet maybe.  But this example was not a hornet. 

I am amazed and thrilled with the effort that these little "bugs" exhibit.  The smaller ones are almost always in groups of three.  They do work like mad, do not compete with one another for a particular blossom. 

Dark Lightning

Quote from: Icarus on January 01, 2021, 01:16:27 AM
For several days I have been motivated to pull some weeds that grace my front yard landscape.  The weeds are a sort that has "stickers" that can easily be attached to ones clothing and transported elsewhere.  The pesky and common Florida weed has an abundance of small white flowers. 

Every day I go out to pull those damned weeds from my Sheffalera bed.  I do not pull the weeds because there are bees working tirelessly on the blooms.  they are busy little critters.  There seem to be three different kinds of bees.  The most frequent and most busy are tiny little fellas that are not much more than a half inch long.  A different few of them are larger, about three quarters to seven eighths inch long.  The most peculiar one that I have seen is a medium size but he has a black wing that is longer than the wings of the other bees.  I have never seen a black winged bee before.  A hornet maybe.  But this example was not a hornet. 

I am amazed and thrilled with the effort that these little "bugs" exhibit.  The smaller ones are almost always in groups of three.  They do work like mad, do not compete with one another for a particular blossom.

Go out early in the morning when it's "cold" :lol: and the bees are not out, and pick the offenders out of the ground. :smilenod:

billy rubin

take picturez of the insects

i am curious

florida always gets invaderz first

set the function, not the mechanism.

Magdalena

I just realized something. Today is my birthday, but that's not what I just realized, it's what I have been saying all my life!
"I'm one fo(u)r sixty-nine."  :fingertap:
1/4/69.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Dark Lightning

Quote from: Magdalena on January 05, 2021, 01:33:31 AM

I just realized something. Today is my birthday, but that's not what I just realized, it's what I have been saying all my life!
1/4/69.

Pff. You're young enough to be one of my children, young lady.  Happy birthday! ;D

hermes2015

1/4/69.

1/4/69.

Happy birthday, dear lady!

And I agree with you: I am also in favour of 69.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Magdalena

Quote from: Dark Lightning on January 05, 2021, 02:46:05 AM

1/4/69.

Pff. You're young enough to be one of my children, young lady.  Happy birthday! ;D
Sweet!

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Sandra Craft

Happy Birthday!

Quote"I'm one fo(u)r sixty-nine."  :fingertap:
1/4/69.

I think that's really cool.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Magdalena

Quote from: hermes2015 on January 05, 2021, 03:00:27 AM

1/4/69.

Happy birthday, dear lady!

And I agree with you: I am also in favour of 69.
You're one for 69 too?  :lol:

Thank you, my dear, elegant sir.  :toff:

billy rubin

set the function, not the mechanism.

Magdalena

Quote from: Sandra Craft on January 05, 2021, 03:04:57 AM

Happy Birthday!

Quote"I'm one fo(u)r sixty-nine."  :fingertap:
1/4/69.

I think that's really cool.
:lol:
It is cool.
Thank you.  :hug:
If my math is correct, it only took me...what? 49 years  :notsure:...to notice it.
:picard facepalm:
I'm a slow learner.

Magdalena

Quote from: billy rubin on January 05, 2021, 03:07:53 AM
happy bidet

wait
That's what "happy birthday" sounds like right now...after a bottle of wine.

Happy bidet to you... :drink:

Dark Lightning

Quote from: Magdalena on January 05, 2021, 03:14:34 AM
Quote from: billy rubin on January 05, 2021, 03:07:53 AM
happy bidet

wait
That's what "happy birthday" sounds like right now...after a bottle of wine.

Happy bidet to you... :drink:

Well, when I'm in the shower, and I pull the wand off the hook to rinse my nether regions, it's :dance: ... uh, actually, never mind. :notsure:

Anne D.

Magdalena