News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

Photography, photos you took, photos you are in, photos you like, the lot!

Started by Tank, June 07, 2011, 07:46:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Tank

Astonishing mixture of textures

A lawn made of moss

Parcevall Hall just north of Skipton.

"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

billy rubin

set the function, not the mechanism.

hermes2015

"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Tank

It was the macro lens setting on my new Lumix camera. Which is pretty good. The down side is you just have to shoot and hope so that is one of 20 frames, also you're within 20mm of the subject so you have to approach from the right direction or you put the subject into your own shadow. It is impressive in that the whole camera is half the price or less of a good macro lens.

LUMIX Digital Camera DC-TZ95D

The Magic Pudding..

Quote from: Tank on August 29, 2023, 09:09:03 PMParcevall Hall just north of Skipton.

That looks nice, I wouldn't follow any rabbits though, they may lead you astray.
If you suffer from cosmic vertigo, don't look.

Tank

Quote from: The Magic Pudding.. on August 30, 2023, 11:03:36 AM
Quote from: Tank on August 29, 2023, 09:09:03 PMParcevall Hall just north of Skipton.

That looks nice, I wouldn't follow any rabbits though, they may lead you astray.

Very much so. It has lots of lovely nooks and crannies to explore. A slight downside it it is built on the side of a steep valley so very up an down.

hermes2015

Quote from: Tank on August 30, 2023, 09:26:11 AMIt was the macro lens setting on my new Lumix camera. Which is pretty good. The down side is you just have to shoot and hope so that is one of 20 frames, also you're within 20mm of the subject so you have to approach from the right direction or you put the subject into your own shadow. It is impressive in that the whole camera is half the price or less of a good macro lens.

LUMIX Digital Camera DC-TZ95D

:thumbsup:
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

billy rubin

wow

i used to have a nikon fm with a 280 macro. with a doubler on that i could photograph a beetles asshole and you could count tbe puckers

images of common things seen close enough to show uncommon perspectives are what photography of the small is all about

set the function, not the mechanism.

Tank

I have always loving looking at the details of nature. I have a couple of microscopes which I don't use as much as I should.

Tank

The Magic Pudding..

Quote from: Tank on September 05, 2023, 08:20:47 AMDo follow the link there are more astonishing pictures there.

There are, I liked this one.

Quote from: Tank on September 05, 2023, 08:20:47 AMPelican: WTF!!!

That's what smaller birds do I suppose, when larger ones approach their nest.

The Magic Pudding..

New baby necessitates a new camera necessitates retaking pictures of every stone on every beach.

Tank

Icarus