News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

Photography, photos you took, photos you are in, photos you like, the lot!

Started by Tank, June 07, 2011, 07:46:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dark Lightning

Nice! I'm not good with taking pics. Then again, all I have is a cell phone (and a shaky hand).

Icarus

Tank, you mention Fuji film. Are you still using film?  Yikes, I thought that film was/is an antique system assigned to the graveyard of photography.

Whatever method you are using, the results are spectacular. Keep doing whatever you are doing.

hermes2015

These latest shots are spectacular, Tank. Were they straight out of camera, or did you do any processing?
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Tank

Quote from: Icarus on July 20, 2023, 01:47:03 AMTank, you mention Fuji film. Are you still using film?  Yikes, I thought that film was/is an antique system assigned to the graveyard of photography.

Whatever method you are using, the results are spectacular. Keep doing whatever you are doing.

No I'm digital now and have been for decades. I did turn late, I had to wait until Sony bought Minolta and brought out the A100 with a 10MP sensor. The reason for this was that an A4 print at 300dpi is 10mp. 

Fujifilm is the camera brand of Fuji Photographic. One thing that I really love about Fufi cameras is that they have built on their film history. The cameras have internal colour gamut choices and these gamuts are named after their film types like Velvia and Provia and behave like those films. I use the Velvia gamut which was Fuji's reply to Kodachrome, so punchy colour.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Tank

Quote from: hermes2015 on July 20, 2023, 03:47:45 AMThese latest shots are spectacular, Tank. Were they straight out of camera, or did you do any processing?

No post processing except cropping for composition. My new camera a Lumix DC-TX95 has a burst mode with post focus and focus stacking. I'll tell you how that works when I've tried it! :)
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

hermes2015

Quote from: Tank on July 20, 2023, 08:08:42 AM
Quote from: hermes2015 on July 20, 2023, 03:47:45 AMThese latest shots are spectacular, Tank. Were they straight out of camera, or did you do any processing?

No post processing except cropping for composition. My new camera a Lumix DC-TX95 has a burst mode with post focus and focus stacking. I'll tell you how that works when I've tried it! :)
:thumbsup:
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Tank

Went to Yorkshire Lavender today. The grow lavender, fairly obviously, and lots of other flowers as well. Don't go if you are scared of bees. I would guess there were tens of thousands of them.

Lumix DC-TZ95 for those interested.

hermes2015

― Charles Eames

Icarus

Tank

Quite the view today :)

Tank

Tank

USS Hornet (CV-12) launched in 1943. Later in life she recovered the astronauts from Apollo's 11, 12, 13 ad 14.

billy rubin

will they let you into fort point anymore?

they fenced it off after 911 because it was right under the bridge

set the function, not the mechanism.

Tank

Quote from: billy rubin on August 16, 2023, 11:38:50 AMwill they let you into fort point anymore?

they fenced it off after 911 because it was right under the bridge

No I don't think so and there was no obvious entrance. Not that we were looking to go in as we were on a limited time schedule due to the baby.

billy rubin

set the function, not the mechanism.