News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

Re: Reasons To Be Grumpy thread

Started by jumbojak, October 27, 2012, 09:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

billy rubin

jeez you know sometimes people should just have their head held in a bucket of water for ten or twenty minutes

i expected nothing but im still disappointed

No one

You mean like 96.856765869% of the human population?

Randy

We had to use the same inner cannula for a little over two weeks. It cracked and the secretions started coming through it and sticking to the trach. We had a hard time getting it out. One night I was coughing and I couldn't breathe. I tried to take it out so that I could get some air. I couldn't! Panic began as I couldn't breathe. I woke up my caregiver and she got it out. Oh, sweet air!

She cleaned it out and we put it back in. Negligence on their part and I'd say reckless endangerment. I'm still grumpy with those people!
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

Randy

I lost my voice yesterday and it isn't laryngitis. I've had one paralyzed vocal cord for a while and now I fear the other one is too. I can't use the phone anymore so I have no idea how I'm going to fare.
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

Dark Lightning

Fuuuuck.  :( Can you get a TTD phone?

Randy

I don't know. I guess I could. I haven't looked at one yet. I was kind of hoping it would come back but no such luck. My voice is completely silent now.

Dark Lightning

Recusant

Thankfully your fingers still work, Randy. I'm glad you've stuck around.  :hug:
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Magdalena

Quote from: Randy on October 02, 2020, 02:14:12 AM
... My voice is completely silent now.
Awww, Randy.
:console:

I/we hear you.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Randy

Day Two: Still no voice. I didn't expect it to come back. There are times when I start to say something, write it on the computer in a large font and turn it around for others to see. It's slow and terrible for coming back snarky about Trump.

Randy

Quote from: Recusant on October 02, 2020, 03:39:04 AM
Thankfully your fingers still work, Randy. I'm glad you've stuck around.  :hug:
Where else was I going to go? Detroit? :)

billy rubin

the last time i was in detroit was driving a 48 foot flatbed around at midnight looking for a place to park for th enight. with an ex-army noob in the truck with me who viewed every confrontation with anybody as a reason to reach for the Squad Automatic Weapon

i much preferred working by myself

hope your voice returns, man

i expected nothing but im still disappointed

Randy

Thanks Billy/. However I think this is permanent unless the doctors can do something and in my fragile state they don't want to operate unless it is necessary. I'm inclined to agree.

Oh well, I can sing at the top of my silent voice now without people threatening to call the cops.

xSilverPhinx

Damn, Randy, that really sucks. :( :( :(

Any improvement?
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Randy

No improvement Silver. I see my ENT tomorrow. I don't know what he might find much less if he can cure it. I doubt it's as simple as. "Take two pills and call me in the morning." Eight days now without being able to utter a word.