News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

Reasons to be cheerful!

Started by Tank, June 26, 2010, 03:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buddy

Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

xSilverPhinx

I missed you all too! Even Purple! :grin:

:grouphug:

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

xSilverPhinx

Not too good unfortunately.  :( I got enough points to get my master's degree but not enough to get into a PhD program.

It was all my fault, though. I had too many parallel projects going on and couldn't dedicate enough time and energy to study for the test.

I had basically 24h to study 'nociception and modulation of pain' before giving a class to be judged by a panel of three PhDs, one of which was my neurophysiology professor.

*Edited to correct an obvious grammar mistake.

jumbojak

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

hermes2015

"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

xSilverPhinx

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: hermes2015 on September 28, 2019, 09:03:30 PM
Can you try again some time?

Luckily yes, I can. My neurophysiology professor suggested that I try again after I complete my master's. She knows my research project is a little...complicated. :lol:

Tank

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on September 28, 2019, 11:52:59 PM

Luckily yes, I can. My neurophysiology professor suggested that I try again after I complete my master's. She knows my research project is a little...complicated. :lol:

Well that is good news.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Sandra Craft

Excellent.  And until then we have you back here.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Magdalena

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Sandra Craft on September 29, 2019, 05:36:36 AM

Excellent.  And until then we have you back here.

I know.  ;) ;D

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Magdalena on September 30, 2019, 07:41:43 AM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on September 28, 2019, 06:59:00 PM
Not too good unfortunately.  :(
:therethere:

Yeah. :sad sigh: But it's ok. I've grieved and accepted the outcome.  :) At least I can do it again when my life's a little less hectic.