News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Randy

Quote from: LifeisSweet on January 25, 2021, 03:03:04 PM
Quote from: jumbojak on January 24, 2021, 02:08:48 AM
I was screamed at last night while I was pumping gas. Called a white devil mother fucker trump supporter. I'm not, for the record. Well, I'm white at any rate. This was easy enough to ignore until he started talking about coming over and hitting me. It wouldn't have ended well for him, I doubt he would've made it to within ten feet of me, but it was still unsettling.

The world is full of idiots, and you meet most of them on the road.  Something about being enclosed and protected by thousands of pounds of steel brings out the bravado.  I always keep a handgun in my center console just in case.  I'm sure I will never have to use it, but having it provides some sense of comfort.  Here in Appalachia I have heard of several people being called a devil just for wearing a mask!
I usually run them down, That's what they get for walking on the road, idiots!
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

billy rubin

well, nobody has threatened me lately

there's still a fair number of trump 2020 yard signs around. mostly the die hards, i guess.

yesterday i drove through a town and the local ostentatious aristocracy hasd a flagpole with a large american flag and just below it a large trump no-more-bullshit flag.

at half mast.

so maybe theyre beginning to process it

set the function, not the mechanism.

Biggus Dickus

I can't get this paradox out of my head.

If you were to ask Rick Astley for his copy of the movie "Up", he cannot give it to you as he will "Never Give You Up".

However. In doing so he is actually letting you down.

Thus creating the "Astley Paradox".

Hola, Happy New Year, etc... to you all by the way 8)
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Dark Lightning

Hola, y prospero año nuevo, Papasito.

Magdalena

Quote from: Papasito Bruno on January 31, 2021, 05:33:32 PM

If you were to ask Rick Astley for his copy of the movie "Up", he cannot give it to you as he will "Never Give You Up".

:snicker:
That's funny.

Good to have you back.  :hug2:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Icarus

Quote from: Randy on January 25, 2021, 09:16:35 PM
I was screamed at last night while I was pumping gas. Called a white devil mother fucker trump supporter. I'm not, for the record. Well, I'm white at any rate. This was easy enough to ignore until he started talking about coming over and hitting me. It wouldn't have ended well for him, I doubt he would've made it to within ten feet of me, but it was still unsettling.

The world is full of idiots, and you meet most of them on the road.  Something about being enclosed and protected by thousands of pounds of steel brings out the bravado.  I always keep a handgun in my center console just in case.  I'm sure I will never have to use it, but having it provides some sense of comfort.  Here in Appalachia I have heard of several people being called a devil just for wearing a mask!

My contention is this: If you don't like the way I drive then stay off the sidewalk. :geezer!:

Randy

Quote from: Icarus on January 31, 2021, 09:51:51 PM
Quote from: Randy on January 25, 2021, 09:16:35 PM

My contention is this: If you don't like the way I drive then stay off the sidewalk. :geezer!:
:rofl:
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

Essie Mae

Quote from: Magdalena on January 31, 2021, 06:24:15 PM
Quote from: Papasito Bruno on January 31, 2021, 05:33:32 PM

:snicker:
That's funny.

Good to have you back.  :hug2:

Bloody Hell. It's like an ear worm. We all need to get out more .......
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Wm Shakespeare

Recusant

"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Magdalena

Wow!
First we get PB, and now we get Essie Mae!?

It's raining atheists, Alleluia!
:notworthy:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

xSilverPhinx

:wave hi: Papasito Bruno and Essie Mae!
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Magdalena on February 02, 2021, 07:54:57 AM
Wow!
First we get PB, and now we get Essie Mae!?

It's raining atheists, Alleluia!
:notworthy:

Essie May would (Rightly so) be the gentle, warm, spring rain which is welcome...I'm more like slushy, cold rain on a dark winter night, more of a nuisance and probably not so welcome.  :o

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on February 02, 2021, 04:00:10 PM
:wave hi: Papasito Bruno and Essie Mae!

Hola xSP!!!! Nice to see you again!
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Recusant

Quote from: Papasito Bruno on February 02, 2021, 05:01:10 PM..I'm more like slushy, cold rain on a dark winter night, more of a nuisance and probably not so welcome.  :o

:eyebrow: Go on then, nobody minds if you brag a bit.  ;)

I'm afraid it ain't so easy, primate man.

"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Recusant on February 03, 2021, 02:07:37 AM
Quote from: Papasito Bruno on February 02, 2021, 05:01:10 PM..I'm more like slushy, cold rain on a dark winter night, more of a nuisance and probably not so welcome.  :o

:eyebrow: Go on then, nobody minds if you brag a bit.  ;)

I'm afraid it ain't so easy, primate man.

:secrets1: Do you think if we allow him to twiddle his deranged psychopathic twinkle toes for a bit he'll feel more welcome? :notsure:

Maybe we should just sit back and let him brag.  ;D
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Dark Lightning

Didn't want to scrounge for another thread. Lazy of me, yes, I know. But it turns out that there may be leftover doses of the Covid vaccine available to my wife and me on Thursday. If that is the case, the second doses are assured. People are trying to get them out as quickly as possible, so this kind of thing is happening all over. Just can't wait to get my Bill Gates-designed microchips!  ::)