News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

Religious comedy memes etc.

Started by Tank, November 13, 2016, 09:06:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Biggus Dickus

Pumkin Spice is getting into everything...even the body of Jesus!! (My Lawd and Savior)

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Icarus

Broadman, the church supplier, could sell a lot more wafers if they were laced with cannabis.

In fact I suspect that the church across the street from my house is doing something like that.  That outfit is a Hillsong church that is both Pentecostal, purveyor of prosperity gospel, and crazy for rock style music. It must be working for them because the congregation is huge.

billy rubin

how do you know they are prosperity gospel?

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Icarus

^ Because they say that they believe prosperity gospel to be true and certain.   

billy rubin

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Icarus

billy rubin

i am ever so happy i live in nowhere, usa.

nobody bothers me because there is nobody

Icarus

There are certainly some good arguments for living in Nowheresville Billy.  My city is a case in point.  70 years ago it was the the most lovely village on the plains. It was the friendliest city that could be found anywhere.  There were about 35 000 citizens then.  We liked each other. Since then, the Chamber of Commerce has insisted that we must have progress.  We we now have 140,000 population in my beautiful little town and another 140k in the burbs.. Fuck the Chamber of Commerce and all its members who Place what they claim is "progress" as preference to keeping a responsible and caring world. 

Tank

Quote from: Icarus on September 16, 2021, 03:38:00 AM
There are certainly some good arguments for living in Nowheresville Billy.  My city is a case in point.  70 years ago it was the the most lovely village on the plains. It was the friendliest city that could be found anywhere.  There were about 35 000 citizens then.  We liked each other. Since then, the Chamber of Commerce has insisted that we must have progress.  We we now have 140,000 population in my beautiful little town and another 140k in the burbs.. Fuck the Chamber of Commerce and all its members who Place what they claim is "progress" as preference to keeping a responsible and caring world.

Very sad.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

billy rubin

where i live there is still a one room schoolhouse at the foot of my property. last classes in 1915.

used to be a blacksmith and a water mill too. traces of the millrace are still there. they called the town lampville, but it was never any bigger than that.

two miles north is another schoolhouse for the town of zebra. they closed the postoffice in 1898?

my neighbor parks his pickup in it.

not much goes on. my road has been unpaved for abiut 200 years, i think.

very quiet, except for the last five years when the ventilator went in for the coal mine two miles away. but its not on all the time. the town where my mail goes is 5 miles away and has about 350 people.

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Tank

Just made use of this meme in my daily post about Mubarak Bala on Facebook.

Facebook post

Does this link work?
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

hermes2015

"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Tank

hermes2015

"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames