Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

Duke of Bullshit: "The" Donald

Started by Recusant, November 11, 2015, 11:29:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian Ó Seanacháin

Quote from: Tom62 on October 01, 2021, 03:52:09 PM
Quote from: Icarus on October 01, 2021, 12:34:34 AM
Count me in too Mags, Brian, Davin, et al..

Sorry Tom, we do not mean to gang up on you but it is useful and important for, us and all, to get the facts out in the open.

Sorry, but what I tried to explain is why the Trump supporters have voted for Trump, which is something that some people here don't seem to understand (or not willing to understand). I'm just the bringer of the bad news. So, don't blame me, if the Trump voter's reasons sounds illogical, unreasonable or pure BS.

No you just simply stated why you thought Trump was a good president, by lying through your teeth.
I like to pay my taxes.  With them I buy civilisation.

Oliver Wendell Holmes Jnr, Supreme Court Justice.

Also, the only GAA in the village.

Recusant

Quote from: Brian Ó Seanacháin on October 09, 2021, 06:58:08 PM

Sorry Tom, we do not mean to gang up on you but it is useful and important for, us and all, to get the facts out in the open.

Sorry, but what I tried to explain is why the Trump supporters have voted for Trump, which is something that some people here don't seem to understand (or not willing to understand). I'm just the bringer of the bad news. So, don't blame me, if the Trump voter's reasons sounds illogical, unreasonable or pure BS.

No you just simply stated why you thought Trump was a good president, by lying through your teeth.

You clearly don't get it; you've only stopped by a few times and didn't bother to read the rules or think they don't apply to you. Since you apparently enjoy the direct approach:  Play nice or play elsewhere.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Tom62

Quote from: Brian Ó Seanacháin on October 09, 2021, 06:58:08 PM

No, I said that I rated him better than some other presidents. For example better than GW Bush the international war criminal and mass murderer, but less than Bill Clinton. Trump was a rather mediocre president, like Obama and Biden.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

billy rubin

i detested bill clinton at the time because of his lying, but ive had my scale reset.

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Magdalena

Quote from: billy rubin on October 10, 2021, 11:17:14 AM
i detested bill clinton at the time because of his lying, but ive had my scale reset.
Boy did I reset my scale after Trump!
::)

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

billy rubin

yes.

i am astonished at how far trump has gone without his supporters gagging on their own gullibility.

here in appalachia i am surrounded by people who consider trump the best thing to happen to american governance in years. i don't try to discuss politics with them. we live in such different worlds there is literally no common ground.

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Biggus Dickus

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

billy rubin

bruno, in my opinion all this stuff is spot-on criticism.

but where i live people think hes the real deal.

we have a problem in my country when people think that trump offers something considered american in its essence.

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Tom62

Quote from: billy rubin on October 10, 2021, 11:17:14 AM

They all lied their asses off. Obama the least, Trump, Biden and Bush the most. Clinton little lies about his relationship with Lewinski didn't bother me, because it didn't had any relevant impact on the world affairs. Bush lies about WMDs were much more severe, because that caused at least 500,000 deaths, the lost of civil rights and and the rise of Islamic terrorism.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

billy rubin

clinton perjured himself in a court depostion in a sexual harassment case. paula jones. i dont think he testified unfer oath with lewinsky

Biggus Dickus

That look, nothing but complete and utter revulsion...and she's his wife!!
(I wonder how much he pays her to attend these events?)

I'm no fan of her either...but I love this. I mean they are the perfect grifter couple; a fake supermodel and a fake billionaire who scammed not only each other, but every white, Christian Republican in the US!

Icarus

^ see reference to Bonhoeffers premise elsewhere.  It is all about people who are intelligent and stupid at the same time. Or in some cases, not intelligent and also stupid.  Those are two different characteristics that should not be confused but in some cases coincide.

Can it be that white Christians are large scale proof of the Bonhoeffer postulate?

Biggus Dickus

Dark Lightning