Photography, photos you took, photos you are in, photos you like, the lot!

Started by Tank, June 07, 2011, 07:46:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ali

jumbojak

Quote from: Ali on June 20, 2017, 05:18:46 PM
Quote from: jumbojak on June 20, 2017, 03:06:04 PM
That's a seriously fancy smock Ali. How do you keep the diet coke stains from showing on the white?
Thanks everyone! JJ, I switched to Diet Crystal Pepsi for the big day (is Crystal Pepsi still a thing?)

Good choice on the length. Foot mustard might not be appropriate for such a casually formal event.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Arturo

Quote from: Ali on June 20, 2017, 04:08:17 AM
My husband and I just got married in Jamaica on May 30th. Those of you who are my FB friends will have already seen this, but this is my favorite picture from our wedding.

https://imgur.com/a/Tjy8i

Crying tears of joy!
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Ali

Quote from: jumbojak on June 21, 2017, 03:15:51 AM
Quote from: Ali on June 20, 2017, 05:18:46 PM
Quote from: jumbojak on June 20, 2017, 03:06:04 PM
That's a seriously fancy smock Ali. How do you keep the diet coke stains from showing on the white?
Thanks everyone! JJ, I switched to Diet Crystal Pepsi for the big day (is Crystal Pepsi still a thing?)

Good choice on the length. Foot mustard might not be appropriate for such a casually formal event.
True, although the yellow of the mustard really made the purple in my bouquet pop!

Ali

Asmo help me! Mr Ali got me this "little" ball of fluff for my birthday (actually tomorrow.) He's a 3 month old Great Pyrenees. 😳 For those who are unfamiliar, they grow to be roughly the size of a barge.

In fairness, I have always wanted a big dog since I moved out of my parents' house. I grew up with a series of Great Danes, so dogs that can clear food off the kitchen counters aren't new to me. And Mr Ali had a Great Pyrenees in his twenties, so he has experience with the specific breed. We're not entirely unprepared. But Oh My Asmo. This dog is already bigger than our adult terrier, and he's just a baby. Still, I'm in love. What should I name him?

https://imgur.com/a/UgT0U

Arturo

Quote from: Ali on July 09, 2017, 12:53:00 AM
Asmo help me! Mr Ali got me this "little" ball of fluff for my birthday (actually tomorrow.) He's a 3 month old Great Pyrenees. 😳 For those who are unfamiliar, they grow to be roughly the size of a barge.

In fairness, I have always wanted a big dog since I moved out of my parents' house. I grew up with a series of Great Danes, so dogs that can clear food off the kitchen counters aren't new to me. And Mr Ali had a Great Pyrenees in his twenties, so he has experience with the specific breed. We're not entirely unprepared. But Oh My Asmo. This dog is already bigger than our adult terrier, and he's just a baby. Still, I'm in love. What should I name him?

Name him...Mr. Snuggles
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Icarus

ALI, hooray for the Great Pyrenees companion. If you work with him/her you will have a magnificent friend, protector, and unfailingly loyal family member come hell or high water. They can be the most loving of teddy bears too. 

That is all to the good but be prepared for some big poop piles, substantial food expense,  and perhaps some significant vet bills. It is all well.   :bravo:  The new family member needs a name. Give him/her a name befitting the dignity of such a breed.

Ali

Quote from: Icarus on July 09, 2017, 01:49:48 AM
ALI, hooray for the Great Pyrenees companion. If you work with him/her you will have a magnificent friend, protector, and unfailingly loyal family member come hell or high water. They can be the most loving of teddy bears too. 

That is all to the good but be prepared for some big poop piles, substantial food expense,  and perhaps some significant vet bills. It is all well.   :bravo:  The new family member needs a name. Give him/her a name befitting the dignity of such a breed.
Hi Icarus,
Interesting that you mentioned "protector" and "family friend." We have four boys, so "family friendly" is a must to me. At the same time, Mr Ali is often gone with his job until late at night, and he knows I worry about our safety. When he gave me this dog, he said "We'll treat him like family, and no one will ever be able to hurt you or the kids if he has anything to say about it." Do you think that's true?

Magdalena

Quote from: Arturo on July 09, 2017, 01:29:57 AM
What should I name him?

Name him...Mr. Snuggles
Your dog is cute, Ali:tellmemore:
He does look like a "Mr. Snuggles." Maybe, "Fluffy" or "Twinkle"  ;D

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Arturo

Arturo The1  リ壱

Magdalena

Quote from: Arturo on July 09, 2017, 03:38:22 AM
Quote from: Magdalena on July 09, 2017, 03:36:07 AM
Quote from: Arturo on July 09, 2017, 01:29:57 AM
What should I name him?

Name him...Mr. Snuggles
Your dog is cute, Ali:tellmemore:
He does look like a "Mr. Snuggles." Maybe, "Fluffy" or "Twinkle"  ;D

I like twinkle.

I said that because the first thing I noticed was the twinkle in his eyes.  :grin:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Tank

Sabaka it's Belarusian for dog and it could be 'It's a barker' said quickly :grin:

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

xSilverPhinx

Such a cute dog! :tellmemore:

I'm really not good with names, but it helps to know what kind of name you're looking for... a cute sounding one, a human name, an exotic label or something else? :notsure: 
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Ali

We ended up naming him Buff, because he's going to be as big as a buffalo, and also because he's kind of buff colored. I don't know that Mr Ali liked the name per se, but he was my birthday present so I got the final say. ;)

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Ali on July 09, 2017, 06:35:32 PM
We ended up naming him Buff, because he's going to be as big as a buffalo, and also because he's kind of buff colored. I don't know that Mr Ali liked the name per se, but he was my birthday present so I got the final say. ;)

He looks like he's going to be one of those dogs who can be convincingly dressed as a lion when he grows up.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany