Photography, photos you took, photos you are in, photos you like, the lot!

Started by Tank, June 07, 2011, 07:46:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guardian85

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Davin

Or an epic  horror fantasy story. It reminds me of the Mistborn series by Brandon Sanderson.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

xSilverPhinx

Here's a tree I spotted a couple of years back.

"Find a tree that resembles a toilet."

Check. That's one item off my bucket list!

Icarus

xSilverPhinx

Recusant

One for Magdalena --

A European Peacock enjoying some hemp-agrimony on the banks of the river Léguer near Lannion, France.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Dave

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Dave

Quote from: Recusant on September 25, 2016, 09:40:46 AM
One for Magdalena --

A European Peacock enjoying some hemp-agrimony on the banks of the river Léguer near Lannion, France.

Beeeeeoootiful!

Have seen almost no butterflies in Gloucester, not even on my friends buddleia, except for cabbage whites. One little blue job and she saw a painted lady.

Come yo think of it, very few bees, wasps or even house flies, or anything. Very worrying for the insects, plants and birds.

Waski_the_Squirrel

Yesterday I went to a Cross Country meet. The plan was shopping afterwards in the city before coming home. Instead, I only did a tiny bit of the shopping because I started to feel rotten.

As I got into my little town, I was treated to a rainbow. Despite how I felt, I snapped some pictures. I did not pursue a more photogenic setting just outside town because I really needed to get home and lay down. But, today, I'm still pleased with what I snapped. I think I may even do a print of one or two.

Really like this one.

This one was made with more planning, but I still like the other one better.

This is the one other people seem to like on Facebook.

And a random one over the Post Office made with my widest angle lens. It was a double rainbow!

Dave

Yup, prefer the first, Waski, best composition.

Three converging lines have more "power" than two and four gets confusing. Plus the tree offers a focal point and the assimetry gives a dynamic imbalance.

IMHO

Magdalena

Quote from: Recusant on September 25, 2016, 09:40:46 AM
One for Magdalena --

Awwwww! So pretty!  :tellmemore:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Tank

This is the least worst picture I could get of the surprise moment (for the bird) when the air turned solid for no apparent reason!

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Dave

Quote from: Tank on October 02, 2016, 04:42:22 PM
This is the least worst picture I could get of the surprise moment (for the bird) when the air turned solid for no apparent reason!

Had one of those, fascinating but so sad for a little life lost in my case.

Tank

No feathers in the garden so I'm sure it flew away, probably dazed but otherwise fine.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.