News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

Dreams

Started by Randy, May 20, 2020, 07:09:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

I was this long-legged pale dog who ran frantically towards a run-down abandoned hangar in the middle of a ghost town to attend a rally of "The Resistance", a political group in opposition to the current quasi-fascist government. There was a strong sense of urgency as we all left the hangar to fight for our liberty and rights. I was a dog.

...Yeah. :deadpan:

Then all of a sudden I was a a princess living in a wooden cabin in the woods with a small group of people. :wtf: They were telling me what I should be doing and all their demands were driving me nuts. I forced myself t wake up.

I decided that was enough dreaming and went to wash the dishes at 6 in the morning.  :P

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Randy

Okay Silver no more mushrooms for you either.

I woke up from a two hour nap. I had just gotten home from chemotherapy and I hadn't slept much last night so I crashed. I had a dream but now I can't remember any of it.

Maybe you can write a quasi-military fairy-tale from yours. :)
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

No one

Randy:

Can I have their share?

Asking for a friend.

Randy

Quote from: No one on June 05, 2020, 01:31:10 AM
Randy:

Can I have their share?

Asking for a friend.

There's no telling what dreams you'll have No One. I'd be interested to find out. Here, have some!
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

xSilverPhinx

:rofl: No shrooms were harmed in the making of my dreams. :P

Sandra Craft

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on June 04, 2020, 10:42:54 PM
I was this long-legged pale dog who ran frantically towards a run-down abandoned hangar in the middle of a ghost town to attend a rally of "The Resistance", a political group in opposition to the current quasi-fascist government. There was a strong sense of urgency as we all left the hangar to fight for our liberty and rights. I was a dog.

:lol:  Sounds like the plot for a family-friendly movie.

I dreamed once that I had antlers.  Not that I was a deer, mind you, I was still just me but with a small pair of antlers growing out of my forehead.  Another time I dreamed that I was running swiftly and gracefully thru the forest on all fours -- still very much human.  It was fun.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

billy rubin

obviously you were nordic in a previous life.

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

hermes2015

I've been sleeping fitfully for a week now, not because of dreams, but more like visions or hallucinations of doing a big painting. The details of the subject matter are very clear in my mind and I even see the size: 2 m high by 3 m wide. I know what's going to happen: this is going to hound me until I am compelled do it. Is this a sign of mental disturbance, or inspiration, or both?
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Randy

I think it is a sign of an artistic individual. Are you going to do it?

hermes2015

Quote from: Randy on June 06, 2020, 01:57:57 PM
I think it is a sign of an artistic individual. Are you going to do it?

I have certain interests and obsessions, but I don't know about being artistic. I will resist as long as possible, but probably will not be able to avoid doing it in the end. It won't be wasted — my ceilings are 3.3 m high and there are at least two 6 m walls available .
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Randy

How often do you have these hallucinations? Also, have you ever painted anything before?

hermes2015

Quote from: Randy on June 06, 2020, 04:42:12 PM
How often do you have these hallucinations? Also, have you ever painted anything before?

I used the word hallucinations, because I couldn't think of a better one. It's more an urge to do something that is so strong that I can almost feel myself doing it. I also have a very strong visual imagination, so I can imagine the end result down to fine details of colour and composition. Yes, I have been an amateur painter and sculptor for many years and have sold quite a few pieces.
― Charles Eames

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Sandra Craft on June 06, 2020, 08:50:42 AM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on June 04, 2020, 10:42:54 PM

:lol:  Sounds like the plot for a family-friendly movie.

:lol: I hadn't thought of it that way!

QuoteI dreamed once that I had antlers.  Not that I was a deer, mind you, I was still just me but with a small pair of antlers growing out of my forehead.  Another time I dreamed that I was running swiftly and gracefully thru the forest on all fours -- still very much human.  It was fun.

Sounds both weird and fun.  ;D 

Oh great, I'm imagining a human being pronking around like an antelope now.

:grin:

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: hermes2015 on June 06, 2020, 05:42:55 PM
Quote from: Randy on June 06, 2020, 04:42:12 PM

I used the word hallucinations, because I couldn't think of a better one. It's more an urge to do something that is so strong that I can almost feel myself doing it. I also have a very strong visual imagination, so I can imagine the end result down to fine details of colour and composition. Yes, I have been an amateur painter and sculptor for many years and have sold quite a few pieces.

I know exactly what you're talking about! At least, I think I know.  ;D

A few months back I had a series of dreams where the urge to tattoo a small, curved fine-line fern leaf or a single feather just behind my right ear was so strong that I almost gave into the impulse. While dreaming it just made so much sense and felt so right...I was absolutely decided I was going to get it.

However, every time I woke up and the 'brain brakes' went online again, the impulse faded significantly. It was just an impulse -- a very strong urge -- to do something that probably isn't really a good idea. I thought it through and decided, probably not. It's probably not a good idea.

That was an urge for something that would have been permanent on my skin so I had to give it plenty of thought. Painting what you saw in your dream could be fun, if I were you I would give into the impulse and do it. :grin:

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: hermes2015 on June 06, 2020, 01:22:38 PM
I've been sleeping fitfully for a week now, not because of dreams, but more like visions or hallucinations of doing a big painting. The details of the subject matter are very clear in my mind and I even see the size: 2 m high by 3 m wide. I know what's going to happen: this is going to hound me until I am compelled do it. Is this a sign of mental disturbance, or inspiration, or both?

Completely normal. :lol:

:secrets1: I like to call it: completely normal temporary dementia.

I could tell you a little more about what goes on in the brain while asleep that could cause these urges, but that would make it less mysterious. :grin: