News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

Santa and God

Started by donkeyhoty, December 24, 2006, 05:59:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

donkeyhoty

Since it's already X-mas eve, at least in my time zone, I'd like to share a comparison of God and Santa.

Both are old men with flowing white beards that sit on top of the world in judgement of us all.  In Santa's case at the North Pole, and God in heaven, which used to be placed at the top of maps back in the day.  

Santa judges us to be naughty or nice and rewards us thusly, with coal if we be judged naughty and fantastic presents if we are nice.  God, in his divine wisdom, also judges and rewards us as Santa.  The naughty go to hell and burn - does coal not make a good fuel?  The nice are given the fantastic present of an eternity in heaven - certainly not an xbox 360 or PS3, but fantastic nontheless.

God has the various angels and prophets do his bidding in heaven and on earth, respectively.  Santa has the elves and reindeer, or is it reigndeer?, no it's rein.  The elves take care of the North Pole and the reindeer help Santa spread his toys throughout the world, like the prophets spread God's message, to the nice.

In conclusion, If we know Santa and his magic deeds to be a false creation of man, then why do we not see God, and his magic deeds, as the same?

Ho, ho, ho, Merry Christmas!
"Feminism encourages women to leave their husbands, kill their children, practice witchcraft, destroy capitalism and become lesbians."  - Pat Robertson