News:

Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

Morning, Afternoon, Evening, Whatever.

Started by Denny, January 09, 2022, 07:32:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Denny

I hope this finds you well.

Living in Scotland as an atheist doesn't come with many if any challenges. A student of nature, the arts, philosophy, religion and history I keep myself busy with this n that. I took up photography when I entered the first lockdown so I'm still continuing to dabble with that as well as working towards getting my first book published.

I used to frequent the occasional forum back in the heady-heights before social media was a thing but took a step back when life got busier and the environment got a tad toxic.

Looking forward to chatting with like minded folk around here and chewing the fat on everything and anything.

No one

I can't help but notice, you didn't bring the tacos.

Dark Lightning

Welcome! This is one of only a few non-toxic sites.

Tank

Hello Denny

Looking forward to getting to know you. My retirement coincided with lockdown so I took up a bit of wood working.

Regards
Chris
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

billy rubin

fresh fish!

what is your opinion of haggis?

you can be truthful here


more people have been to berlin than i have

Tank

Quote from: billy rubin on January 09, 2022, 08:44:31 PM
fresh fish!

what is your opinion of haggis?

you can be truthful here

I love haggis! But it has to be the clockwise variety.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

billy rubin

im always learning stuff here

QuoteThe notion of the wild haggis is widely believed, though not always including the idea of mismatched legs. According to an online survey commissioned by haggis manufacturers Hall's of Broxburn, released on 26 November 2003, one-third of U.S. visitors to Scotland believed the wild haggis to be a real creature.[4][6]

today i learned that my fellow countrymen are even stupider than i was previously aware.


more people have been to berlin than i have

Recusant

Hello and welcome to HAF, Denny. Splendid to hear that we have a new photographer on the site. Look for the HAF Photo Challenge, which will be posted soon. You can find past editions in the Laid Back Lounge. Cheers!

:spagwelcome:
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken


Denny

Thanks for the welcome folks.

Quote from: Recusant on January 09, 2022, 10:29:22 PM
Hello and welcome to HAF, Denny. Splendid to hear that we have a new photographer on the site. Look for the HAF Photo Challenge, which will be posted soon. You can find past editions in the Laid Back Lounge. Cheers!
:spagwelcome:

Thanks for the heads up. I'll drop a couple of photographs in there when I'm up in the morning and have had my morning coffee. Looking forward to seeing what the forum photographers have managed to capture.

Quote from: billy rubin on January 09, 2022, 08:44:31 PM
fresh fish!

what is your opinion of haggis?

you can be truthful here

I have been known to partake in the consumption of Haggis, far to clever to be drawn into trying to catch one though. Being of a pescatarian mindset when it comes to food I save it for Burns night.


billy rubin

in america we try to trick people into snipe hunting.

if you are a pescatarian what is your opinion on intermediate forms?



more people have been to berlin than i have

hermes2015

Hello and welcome Denny. I notice some overlap in our interests, so looking forward to hearing your ideas.
"Who is to say that pleasure is useless?"
― Charles Eames

Denny

Quote from: billy rubin on January 10, 2022, 01:14:59 AM
in america we try to trick people into snipe hunting.

if you are a pescatarian what is your opinion on intermediate forms?



I respect their ambition.

billy rubin

beautiful, arent they?

i used to work in the cafibbean in the summertime. flocks of these would skip over the wavetops at sunrise.


more people have been to berlin than i have

Magdalena

Quote from: Denny on January 09, 2022, 07:32:04 PM
I hope this finds you well.

Living in Scotland as an atheist doesn't come with many if any challenges. A student of nature, the arts, philosophy, religion and history I keep myself busy with this n that. I took up photography when I entered the first lockdown so I'm still continuing to dabble with that as well as working towards getting my first book published.

I used to frequent the occasional forum back in the heady-heights before social media was a thing but took a step back when life got busier and the environment got a tad toxic.

Looking forward to chatting with like minded folk around here and chewing the fat on everything and anything.


Welcome, Denny.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey