News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

Hey Mags!!

Started by Biggus Dickus, June 27, 2017, 10:39:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asmodean

Quote...but maybe it's just as bad as a white supremacist not wanting an African American in their bloodline either.
I'd say so, with a caveat. You should be perfectly within what's socially acceptable to want whatever it is you want. Denying what's already there doesn't help, however. Also, certain ways of acting on your desire may be... Less than constructive, shall we say.

Like, if I didn't want half-Korean kids, and for that reason never slept with a Korean woman - it doesn't say anything particularly nice about me, but then again, it's well within the realm of choices I can make for myself. If, on the other hand, I didn't want half-Korean grandkids and thus got in the way of my [responsible, free-standing adult] kid sleeping with an Korean person... Yeah. By that point, gramps not only be a racist, but an asshole besides.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Magdalena

Quote from: Asmodean on May 18, 2022, 10:15:07 AM
Quote...but maybe it's just as bad as a white supremacist not wanting an African American in their bloodline either.
I'd say so, with a caveat. You should be perfectly within what's socially acceptable to want whatever it is you want. Denying what's already there doesn't help, however. Also, certain ways of acting on your desire may be... Less than constructive, shall we say.

Like, if I didn't want half-Korean kids, and for that reason never slept with a Korean woman - it doesn't say anything particularly nice about me, but then again, it's well within the realm of choices I can make for myself. If, on the other hand, I didn't want half-Korean grandkids and thus got in the way of my [responsible, free-standing adult] kid sleeping with an Korean person... Yeah. By that point, gramps not only be a racist but an asshole besides.

Yes, racist and an asshole. I can see what you mean on a personal level. If my brown-skinned man wants a white-skinned woman and his racist/ asshole uncle has a problem with it, that is HIS problem, not ours, BUT, it becomes a problem, for everyone, if his racist/ asshole uncle has a problem with our neighbors doing the same. When he starts harassing, lynching, and shooting them because he wants no one to mix races, then this is as you say, "certain ways of acting on [his] desire may be... Less than constructive."
...And criminal.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

billy rubin

maybe not for much longer, you know.

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

billy rubin

because im not convinced that stuff that has always been considered criminal is going to stay that way.

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Asmodean

Quote from: Magdalena on May 18, 2022, 10:29:54 PMYes, racist and an asshole. I can see what you mean on a personal level. If my brown-skinned man wants a white-skinned woman and his racist/ asshole uncle has a problem with it, that is HIS problem, not ours, BUT, it becomes a problem, for everyone, if his racist/ asshole uncle has a problem with our neighbors doing the same. When he starts harassing, lynching, and shooting them because he wants no one to mix races, then this is as you say, "certain ways of acting on [his] desire may be... Less than constructive."
...And criminal.
Indeed. I was as charitable as I can in my use of words, but there is indeed a line between a asshole muttering implications at family reunions and someone burning dog turds on people's porches, not to mention resorting to firearms. While still technically less than constructive, it well and truly crosses into criminal.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Magdalena

Quote from: billy rubin on May 19, 2022, 01:26:05 AMbecause im not convinced that stuff that has always been considered criminal is going to stay that way.
Like what?

Biggus Dickus

Hey Mags!

We certainly have had some good times over the years here on the forum haven't we? It's been fun, and we've made some friends along the way...butt mostly we got to know each other.

Do you think it'll hurt when they ban us? I'm a little scared :-[

Just glad we're going together, you and me Mags!

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Biggus Dickus

Hey Mags,

This will be my last post here at HAF.
You know I joined this forum about 9 years ago, you were already a member here. Back then the membership was large and diverse, I remember how happy I was to find it as it has been a very pleasant and enjoyable place to hang around...hard to believe it's been 9 years though. Time really flies doesn't it?

I'll see you on the other side I guess, I've missed you, and others here.

Take care my friend.

Kind regards,

Bruno
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

The Magic Pudding.

Hello Magdalena, I don't think they are the worst bunch of people, not exactly as you would want but would you really want a bunch of people exactly as you want?  Sounds dull and yet reverberatingly reaffirming. You are missed.

Recusant

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Just I was not happy to see Magdalena leave, I am not happy to see you leave either, Bruno.  I admit to a bit of thorniness, and recognise that I'm not the only one here who can be a bit prickly. Each of us in various ways.

Also, each of us has our own tolerance to thorns; at a particular point they're no longer worth the pricks. Happy trails, and stop back any time.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Davin

Well, I stopped by after a while to see how things were. It has been a while.

I got married again, have a baby now, but not much else has changed. Same can't be said for this place.

Fun Halloween thread you have there...

I remember a time a bunch of the mods were all up at me telling how bad it was that I told some dude his apology didn't matter to me. It's really difficult to see what the lines are especially when people have been banned for far less.

I missed Mags and Bruno and they're gone now.

So I guess I'm just stopping to say hi real quick.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Icarus

I hope that you can find it in your heart to come back into the fold Davin. You have been missed.

Recusant

Quote from: Davin on July 29, 2023, 06:03:45 AMWell, I stopped by after a while to see how things were. It has been a while.

I got married again, have a baby now, but not much else has changed. Same can't be said for this place.

Fun Halloween thread you have there...

I remember a time a bunch of the mods were all up at me telling how bad it was that I told some dude his apology didn't matter to me. It's really difficult to see what the lines are especially when people have been banned for far less.

I missed Mags and Bruno and they're gone now.

So I guess I'm just stopping to say hi real quick.

Double congratulations, Davin!

As for the rest, well, sorry we've disappointed you. You aren't the only one, sadly.

Wishing you the best.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

MarcusA

Mags is a fictional character.
This user has been banned for spamming the forum.