News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

School murder

Started by Ecurb Noselrub, May 04, 2022, 12:17:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jumbojak

A comparison of differing barrel lengths chambered for the same round is much more telling than a caliber comparison. An AR with an eight inch barrel is not a terribly effective weapon at any distance. With a twenty inch barrel and exactly the same ammunition you suddenly have the capacity to defeat some ballistic plates at rifle ranges. Depending on the ammunition, of course.

The increase in velocity makes the difference in terms of energy.  Some popular 9mm bullets are nearly three times the mass of the most common AR rounds. I don't want to get shot with either but I am absolutely sure which I would rather be shot with.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

billy rubin

you can buy AR-15 style rifles chambered for the .45-70 elephant round.

this will get you 2300 FPS with a 325 grain bullet

thats a pretty powerful charge

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Magdalena

They should level the field. :reading:

Leave the powerful rifles for soldiers and a few law enforcement agents, and give everyone else one of these:

Have them watch a video, Muzzleloading 101, and they can go on their way.

...I'm just saying.  :-\

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Asmodean

What would you do with that against multiple threats? Use it as a club? I mean, it's still a force multiplier to be sure, but...

Reasonably high-capacity pump- or automatic shotguns, I think.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

billy rubin

interestingly, an ancient-design winchester lever action holding about ten rounds costs about US$1400.

https://images.app.goo.gl/EBgBhzo2XBg92MCKA

i can buy an AR15 clone for US$450, and ten 30-round magazines for $125

https://images.app.goo.gl/s8w9uKuNHefzfcMx9

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Magdalena

Quote from: Asmodean on June 15, 2022, 11:03:57 AMWhat would you do with that against multiple threats? Use it as a club? I mean, it's still a force multiplier to be sure, but...

Fine. >:(

Business owners can have two.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

billy rubin

Quote from: Magdalena on June 15, 2022, 07:22:48 AMThey should level the field. :reading:

Leave the powerful rifles for soldiers and a few law enforcement agents, and give everyone else one of these:

btw, this is incomplete. he neglects cleaning tbe touchhole andpriming the pan. after a few dozen shots you have to re-chip the flint az well.

lots involved in maki g a flintlock shoot

Icarus

I still claim that the men who wrote the second amendment were unaware of the Uzzi or similar rapid-fire mechanisms.

Kalashnikovs might have changed the result of the revolutionary war, depending on which side had them.

Magdalena

Quote from: billy rubin on June 16, 2022, 12:06:44 AM
Quote from: Magdalena on June 15, 2022, 07:22:48 AMThey should level the field. :reading:

btw, this is incomplete. he neglects cleaning tbe touchhole andpriming the pan. after a few dozen shots you have to re-chip the flint az well.

lots involved in maki g a flintlock shoot

Good. That gives me plenty of time to run.   :-\

billy rubin

theres people where i live thst hunt deer with muzzle loaders

they get a different season with the bowhunters i think

interesting guns. high tech versions of old technology

Recusant

Just so everybody knows, the imaginary supreme arsehole wanted it.

"Uvalde School Massacre Was God's Plan Says Texas AG Ken Paxton – 'Life Is Short'" | New Civil Rights Movement

QuoteThe Uvalde school shooting last month that cost 19 young children and two teachers their lives was God's plan, says Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton.

"Life is short," Paxton told radio host and pastor Trey Graham, who had asked the Attorney General what he would say to "give a little comfort" to the parents of the elementary school students slaughtered by an 18-year-old with two AR-15 style assault weapons.

After admitting that he would be "devastated" if he lost a child, "especially in a way that is so senseless and seemingly has no purpose," Paxton said, "I would just have to say, if I had the opportunity to talk to the people I'd have to say, 'look, there's always a plan,'" as Salon reports.

"I believe God always has a plan. Life is short no matter what it is," Paxton continued. "And certainly, we're not going to make sense of, you know, a young child being shot and killed way before their life expectancy."
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Icarus

Texas Attorney general: delusional, brainwashed, irrational, or just plain stupid? 

billy rubin

Ecurb Noselrub

Now that the video of the Uvalde debacle has been released, we can see the brave, brave, brave Uvalde police force in action. The "good guys" with guns ran away when faced with a "bad guy" with an AR-15. So much for that theory. I could almost hear them say "run away, run away!" I half way expected a large wooden rabbit to be launched on them. But now that the video is out, we can taunt them a second time. Brave, brave, brave, brave Sir Coppers.

Ecurb Noselrub

I do not have law enforcement or military experience, so my proposed plan on how to respond to a situation like Uvalde is probably worth exactly what you are paying to read it. But it seems to me like a bunch of guys with assault rifles, shields and body armor could have made their way down the hall, shooting constantly at the door, but high enough to avoid hitting any kids inside, and then one guy would be assigned to keep his sights on the door in case the murderer showed himself. Maybe most of the kids would have been killed by then, but at least the matter would have been brought to a conclusion sooner. We know that some of the kids were killed during that hour-plus wait, so some would have been saved. But they did not have the training or courage to risk their lives, which, I think, is sort of what they are supposed to do. Why do we have a police force if not to put a stop to this kind of thing? Eventually, the Border Patrol or someone killed the guy, so we know it was possible.