News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

Reasons to be cheerful!

Started by Tank, June 26, 2010, 03:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Icarus

Billy you are a softie that merits my admiration for your kindness to animals, stricken or otherwise.

billy rubin

well i confess i love possums. the skulls are thought provoking

more teeth and less brains than anything in north amwerica except armadillos

set the function, not the mechanism.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on April 20, 2020, 02:28:02 AM
Me and some people from other labs are thinking about putting together a science communication project for the public. ;D I've arranged an online meeting between us and my supervisor, who has been doing that sort of thing for a long time and knows the ins and outs way better than we do. ;D

I really hope this project goes forward, and will do everything I can to make it so. I love that sort of stuff :grin:

We put a group together and even though one isn't really pulling his weight we've made some progress. After 3 days of trying to choose a name for our social media channels we're deciding whether to open the choice to the public.  ;D We would make a competition of it, using consolidated social media channels associated with the other neuroscience students' initiatives to reap submissions. 
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

No one

Teh rubinatortronz:
well i confess i love possums. the skulls are thought provoking

more teeth and less brains than anything in north amwerica except armadillos

And of course, the idiot-in-chief.

billy rubin

xSilverPhinx

Got a very belated birthday gift today from my sister.  :love:

It's a baby neuron! :grin:

Ok, not a baby neuron but it's adorable just the same.  ;D

billy rubin

hermes2015

"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

billy rubin

billy rubin

this is what i was rying to do anywa

Dark Lightning

What a dripping mess! Are they not able to drink from a bowl, yet?

billy rubin

lol, messy

they're pouch animals, so they only pee when solicited. i didn't show the next part where you have to tickle their ass to make them pee after you feed them, i kid you not.

mama possum just licks their hineys until they pee, but my lovely wife drew the line at that.

they're du for solid food within the week, apparently. when their eyes are open thay have something like ten days to go, being marsupials with weird developmental schedules. yesterday they turned the dog food down, so they're still on milk. but they have an eclectic palette, or so the possum lady tells me

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: billy rubin on April 28, 2020, 08:56:20 PM
mama possum just licks their hineys until they pee, but my lovely wife drew the line at that.

:rofl:

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Want fluffy possum!

Icarus

^ that is one weird lady.  Her apron has the appropriate text.........or not, if you are into Opossum cuisine.

My back porch has an exterior door. On an occasion or two I have left it open. I keep bird food inside the porch area.  A few times an opossum has arrived to search for the goodies.  I do not know whether he/she was pleased with the fortuitous find.

On a few other occasions there have been raccoons who explored and exploited the opportunity. The raccoons are the cutest ones, and I think the smarter ones.  I do not have dogs anymore  (sigh... i loved them dearly) so the wildlife is free to come and go. My Bernese dog, Teddy, would definitely not have permitted wildlife intrusions into the back porch, prospect of food or no. Dear God I miss him so much.

billy rubin

i remember every dog that came into my life.