News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Whatever you believe, believe in fairies

Started by MarcusA, April 24, 2023, 07:43:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarcusA

Kids, whatever your parents tell you, don't believe them all the time. There is more fun to be had in exploring the world for yourself.
This user has been banned for spamming the forum.

MarcusA

What is fantastical to a child, for they have not lost their way in the world, is merely pleasant to an adult.

MarcusA

Fairies like pollen on air are invisible to the eye but the mind's eye sees them flutter.

billy rubin

i know eoplepe who believe in fairies, and dryads

and water spirits

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

MarcusA

Quote from: billy rubin on June 06, 2023, 11:14:56 PMi know eoplepe who believe in fairies, and dryads

and water spirits

People are funny in what they believe, but no harm intended, no harm done.

The Magic Pudding.

Quote from: MarcusA on June 07, 2023, 07:54:38 PM
Quote from: billy rubin on June 06, 2023, 11:14:56 PMi know eoplepe who believe in fairies, and dryads

and water spirits

To who?
The person doing the harm just says "I didn't mean it" and they are absolved?  By themselves or others?
Geez, how much harm is done with good intentions?
Every genocide in history was probably done with good intentions.

billy rubin

the fairy people i know are pretty decent.

dont like the oil pipelines going through because the dryads dont have anywhere to live anymnore.

the water spirit people are less coherent.

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

MarcusA

Those who believe in fairies are the innocent.

MarcusA

MarcusA

Quote from: The Magic Pudding. on June 07, 2023, 10:23:00 PM

and water spirits

To who?
The person doing the harm just says "I didn't mean it" and they are absolved?  By themselves or others?

"The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

MarcusA

Quote from: MarcusA on June 21, 2023, 04:40:41 AM
Quote from: The Magic Pudding. on June 07, 2023, 10:23:00 PM

and water spirits

To who?

"The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

As Aristotle almost said, We do evil when we do good.

Prycejosh1987

Quote from: MarcusA on April 24, 2023, 07:43:03 AMKids, whatever your parents tell you, don't believe them all the time. There is more fun to be had in exploring the world for yourself.
The advice of a parent is a spiritual thing, because parents are an authority. God is an authority and harmful situations occur when we do not listen to an experienced and sound advice.

Recusant

Quote from: Prycejosh1987 on August 16, 2023, 09:21:36 PM
Quote from: MarcusA on April 24, 2023, 07:43:03 AMKids, whatever your parents tell you, don't believe them all the time. There is more fun to be had in exploring the world for yourself.
The advice of a parent is a spiritual thing, because parents are an authority. God is an authority and harmful situations occur when we do not listen to an experienced and sound advice.

See previous moderator post regarding this site's rule against preaching.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Tank

Quote from: Prycejosh1987 on August 16, 2023, 09:21:36 PM

Fuck me, more fucking rubbish.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Asmodean

Quote from: Prycejosh1987 on August 16, 2023, 09:21:36 PMThe advice of a parent is a spiritual thing, because parents are an authority. God is an authority and harmful situations occur when we do not listen to an experienced and sound advice.
And crusades, witch hunts, inquisitions and human sacrifice, not to mention literally fucking children, if you pardon the crass language, apparently do when you do.

Maybe sweep your own porch before complaining about the cobwebs on mine..?
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.