News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

Game: The Next Person... (true or false)

Started by Amicale, May 21, 2012, 10:40:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dark Lightning

True, though I do know people who have.

TNP has chased down and caught a live snake...not necessarily poisonous.

The Magic Pudding.

What do you mean, for unconsensual fondling? Surely not.  :-\   False.

Once I was camping by a river when I was young, which I'll never be again.:(
Can I have some ye oldey Greek style lamentations Green.

Do I get $50 of mangoes?

Ye ye.

He was lithe of limb, graceful in movement, formidable foe to the slow moving serpent, now he is an old fart, an old fart, an old fart he is. oh oh oh woe woe woe

You get one mango for that.

I and other and another couple returned to camp and there was a red belly black, poisonous but they usually run slither away, which it did.  Stepping into tent, that thing under tent floor, under my foot, it feels kinda snakey.  I had a paddle with a aluminium tipped fibreglass blade, I miss that paddle, bushfires got it.

The Np thinks they could morally justify becoming a vampire, one creep deserving death won't be hard to find each month, or they aren't having any trouble morally justifying their existing vampiric existence.

Anne D.

False. I'm not up on my vampire lore, but don't the people a vampire bites become vampires themselves? I wouldn't want to create a cadre of creeps that never die. Which would leave only decent people as victims, and I wouldn't want to saddle them with vampirism either.

Rollover "question" b/c it's a fun one.

Asmodean

True... Although, maybe not. Not "not" as in "false," though - "not" as in "not applicable."

The argument for me is much the same as one for or against eating pigs. I am their predator - they are my source of energy. As such, it is not a moral question unless I make it one. There are moral concerns along the way, however, such as the manner in which the pigs in question are farmed and dispatched and that sort-of translates to Vampirism. for instance, whether to turn your dinner or suck it dry until permadeath - there is a moral component to that decision. for that matter, to dine on upstanding citizens or scumbags? Those who can defend themselves or the defenceless? To hunt or farm?

So yeah... If applicable, I can morally justify being a vampire - or willingly becoming one.

The next person has met somebody (Over the age of, let us say, ten) who unironically beluieved that they were a vampire?
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

billy rubin

there are folklore vampires and then real vampires.

i remember reading a journalist who contacted a vampire serial killer. this guy would kidnap homeless people, kill them, and drink their blood. he described talking to several people who would string someone up by tbeir heels, cut tbeir throat, and then bathe in the blood.

not nice people. but it wouldbe false, because i never met them.

TNP personally lnows people who believe in fairies and tree dryads

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Asmodean

False, to the best of my knowledge... Although... Yeah, The Asmo knows or has known His share of crazies. (Small children excluded, obviously) He... Doesn't know, actually, because there was that one frined's mother and that one semi-casual date and they... Did a lot of believing, let us say.

The next person does not find the trolley problems difficult? (The basic one would be a train barreling towards a intersection with a bunch of people on the tracks along its intended trajectory and like one person on the other set of tracks. You are at the switch. What do you do?)
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

billy rubin

the trolley problem deserves its own thread.

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

The Magic Pudding.

True, I don't find it difficult.
Would I act to save the 18 year old ++prodigy and take out the Down's Syndrome Seniors Society Bus? Is anyone watching?
Would I act to save the Down's Syndrome Seniors Society Bus and kill 18 year old ++prodigy, probably not.

The Np knows why the March Hare was so important to the Aztecs. 

Tank

False. Was the March Hare important to the Aztecs and why?

The NP loves watching programmes about nature?
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

The Magic Pudding.

False, I like the idea but I don't actually do it much.

The Np doesn't believe any HAFer was involved in arranging for Asian men to replace women in lingerie adds.  Any evidence to the contrary is clearly circumstantial.

Asmodean

False. The Asmo fully suspects hermes2015. He can prove nothing, but refuses to be thusly dissuaded. :smilenod:

The next person has pondered the feasibility of... Nightly activities of oral persuasion, shall we say, with an mask on?
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

The Magic Pudding.

False, any thoughts on such would not reach ponder level as the activity is totally unfeasible.
I have mouth-friends but they're not as useful as you may think.

Noun. mouth-friend (plural mouth-friends) (obsolete, UK) A superficially friendly person, who is otherwise not a friend.

The Np also recently had a noisy sneezing episode in their kitchen and looked out the window to see several annoyed macropods staring back.

No one

Incorrect.

The following poster hand churns magic pudding every morning. (Sometimes twice)

Anne D.

False. Mornings are no good.

The next person misses those pudding pops that Bill Cosby used to hawk. (There is no euphemism here. I am literally talking about the delicious frozen treat that used to be available in the frozen aisle in the 1980s.)

Dark Lightning

False. I have no idea what they are. Also, I'll never forget when my newly minted wife sent me to the grocery store for "Otter Pops". I said OK, but had absolutely no idea what they were, believe it or not. I, in embarrassment mode, humbly asked a store clerk where said item was.

TNP knew what an "Otter Pop" was, in 1982.