News:

Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

Viking lore

Started by Icarus, May 03, 2020, 06:15:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Icarus

Here is curious tribute to the ancestors of the Asmo.  It seems that females, the Valkeries, were in charge of the destiny of the viking warriors. ..........https://www.historytoday.com/miscellanies/rise-valkyries?utm_source=pocket-newtab

If this is the real deal, then the Gray One had better be kind to his lady friends.

Tank

I always thought that the Klingons in Star Trek owed a debt to the Vikings.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Randy

Quote from: Tank on May 06, 2020, 06:54:34 AM
I always thought that the Klingons in Star Trek owed a debt to the Vikings.

Blasphemy! A Klingon attributes his or her warrior like ways to Kahless. Actually, I don't remember if that is true now.

I used to speak some Klingon and could read and write a lot of it. It's been too long or I'd quote something about Kahless from the Klingon proverbs book which I can't remember the name of. I have it upstairs.

I'm not really a Trekkie but I used to enjoy learning the Klingon language and ways. It's a long story and I have no idea where it would fit in the list of topics, perhaps in Miscellaneous. I really need my books to refresh my memory.

tlhIngan maH! -- We are Klingon!
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg