News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Biggus Dickus

Good luck with everything Dave,  and you take care of yourself ok?

We'll be expecting a report back from you by no later than 1800.
Got it?
;D
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

No one

Yeah Dave, by order of the father, no monkeying around!

Tank

Good luck Dave. You'll definitely see an improvement.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

hermes2015

I hope everything goes well, Dave. Can't wait to have you back.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Buddy

Quote from: Tank on October 04, 2017, 06:27:02 AM
Good luck Dave. You'll definitely see an improvement.

I see what you did there
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Dave

Thanks, guys.

Well punned, Tank!
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Dave

Well, op's over, can'see a bloody thing with right eye, but the staff were laughing and joking which is always a good sign.

Now I wait until the anesthetic wears off to see if it worked. Slight itch in eye so sensation coming back?

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Dave on October 04, 2017, 03:17:36 PM
Well, op's over, can'see a bloody thing with right eye, but the staff were laughing and joking which is always a good sign.

Now I wait until the anesthetic wears off to see if it worked. Slight itch in eye so sensation coming back?

Good to hear the operation is over Dave, and hopefully all is well and it was a complete success.

I do notice that your spelling seems better with you having vision currently in only one eye? Maybe type from now on with one eye shut?  ;D

JK :daisies: Get well soon.
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Dave

Quote from: Father Bruno on October 04, 2017, 04:24:59 PM

Good to hear the operation is over Dave, and hopefully all is well and it was a complete success.

I do notice that your spelling seems better with you having vision currently in only one eye? Maybe type from now on with one eye shut?  ;D

With one eye I am typing more slowly!

Back home now, eye still a bit sleepy and vision fuzzy - and double. Right eye does not move so I get one dead ahead image plus whichever way the left eye is looking. Also, at the moment, the right eye image slopes down 30 degrees to the right. Hope that corrects when the muscles wake up. Eye just a little itchy, so peripheral nerves awake,  but no actual pain.

Less confusing keeping the right eye closed.  Used to have a fabric eye patch but can't find it.

hermes2015

Quote from: Dave on October 04, 2017, 05:38:43 PM

Back home now, eye still a bit sleepy and vision fuzzy - and double. Right eye does not move so I get one dead ahead image plus whichever way the left eye is looking. Also, at the moment, the right eye image slopes down 30 degrees to the right. Hope that corrects when the muscles wake up. Eye just a little itchy, so peripheral nerves awake,  but no actual pain.

Less confusing keeping the right eye closed.  Used to have a fabric eye patch but can't find it.

Welcome back. Glad to hear that you're not in pain, so I hope you will have good rest tonight.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Dave

Quote from: hermes2015 on October 04, 2017, 06:19:31 PM
Quote from: Dave on October 04, 2017, 05:38:43 PM

Welcome back. Glad to hear that you're not in pain, so I hope you will have good rest tonight.

Thanks, Hernes, just hoping that the image in the right eye has levelled out and is in the same place (to my brain) as that from the left by tomorrow.  It has got to the point where I can move my eye about now. The image from the right eye is much brighter and whites are white compared to the (now seemingly) slightly yellowish grey of the left. But, as yet, there is absolutely no "in focus" distance regardless of which glasses, or none, I use.

If Tank is reading this: please think back, mate, was there a recovery period before the vision in the treated eye became fully functional? You gave the impression before that the improvement was almost immediate. Not panicking until 24 hours are up!

But still having to close or blinker that eye just so I know which image of furnitire etc I have to dodge whilst moving about!

Tank

Quote from: Dave on October 04, 2017, 08:18:47 PM

If Tank is reading this: please think back, mate, was there a recovery period before the vision in the treated eye became fully functional? You gave the impression before that the improvement was almost immediate. Not panicking until 24 hours are up!

I just kept the patch on for 48 hours I think. So I was unaware of any issues similar to what you mention. The anaesthetic can get into different places, in different concentrations and disperse at different rates so each case is a unique combination. 
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

xSilverPhinx

An eyepatch is really cool, it's as if you're celebrating halloween early. :sidesmile:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Dave

Quote from: Tank on October 04, 2017, 09:05:41 PM
Quote from: Dave on October 04, 2017, 08:18:47 PM

I just kept the patch on for 48 hours I think. So I was unaware of any issues similar to what you mention. The anaesthetic can get into different places, in different concentrations and disperse at different rates so each case is a unique combination.

Ah, that sounds more like it!

The patch is transparent, so you can see the conflicting images. Taped a piece of tissue over the outside of the patch to reduce this! But, since I last wrote the two images now almost completely coincide and are both pretty level - so improvement continues. I looked in a mirror for the first time and the iris of the right eye is still dilated to almost twice the size of the left. From previous experience this affects the focus, bit like a camera iris I presume. Well, they did put in four drops of dilator when only one is used for a normal inspection. Then there were two drops of anaesthetic, plus the injection, which might be why the eyelid is still half closed and the eye muscles so affected.

See what tomorrow brings.

Dave

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on October 04, 2017, 09:36:00 PM
An eyepatch is really cool, it's as if you're celebrating halloween early. :sidesmile:

Nah, more like a pirate! Avast me hearties, splice the main brace and shiver me timbers!