News:

Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

what's the last thing you bought?

Started by billy rubin, November 01, 2019, 09:49:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dark Lightning

Bet it got shipped in a flat container, at some point. I also bet that the owner got it delivered assembled or it was assembled there, and she doesn't remember. Take tools, a ratchet strap(s) and a thick blanket if you have a sturdy rack. Nice looking table!

hermes2015

Quote from: Dark Lightning on May 20, 2021, 08:28:18 PM
Bet it got shipped in a flat container, at some point. I also bet that the owner got it delivered assembled or it was assembled there, and she doesn't remember. Take tools, a ratchet strap(s) and a thick blanket if you have a sturdy rack. Nice looking table!

A sturdy rack is essential.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

hermes2015

I have decided that life is too short to put up with crappy keyboards, so after some investigation I bought a Logitech MX Keys keyboard. So far I am happy with it and can recommend it to anyone here planning to buy a keyboard.

https://www.logitech.com/en-gb/products/keyboards/mx-keys-wireless-keyboard.html

Here is a YouTube video about it.

"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

No one

Babies, kittens, and puppies, I'm making a stew.

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: No one on March 17, 2022, 07:26:12 AM
Babies, kittens, and puppies, I'm making a stew.

No One!

What the hell is wrong with you? Why would you ruin a good baby/puppy stew by adding kats to it?

My god, I just don't understand people :-\
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

billy rubin

had a girlfriend once in oklahoma.  as a boy her grandfather went to cookouts with the tribal neighbors. had to choctaw ehere they lived down on the red river. any way he was refilling his bowl at tbe stew pot and an old family friend came over.

said to him,

dig deep, little georgie. puppy in bottom.

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Magdalena

Eww! Puppies in a stew?

I'm making babies, kittens, shrimp, and squid tostadas.
:yum:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

billy rubin

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Dark Lightning

Two cans of clear shellac for huffing purposes. :bleh: J/K, I was applying it to the drawers of a tool chest I'm building. I sprayed that as fast as I could and got out of Dodge. I like the finish, but man, it stinks. I left the exhaust fan in the "shop" running and stayed away for a few hours until the stench had sufficiently diminished. I'd've done it outside, but the wind blows like crazy around here, and I didn't want sand in the finish.

Icarus

DL I thought that shellac had gone out with buggy whips and hooped skirts.

Dark Lightning

Quote from: Icarus on March 18, 2022, 01:16:10 AM
DL I thought that shellac had gone out with buggy whips and hooped skirts.

I use it all the time.  :geezersay:

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

billy rubin

yes

trots and bonnie is a continuing series of lost masterpieces.

Biggus Dickus

I bought a salt and pepper set! Aren't these adorable?
:smilenod:

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Icarus

You are a bad man PB.  But on the other hand.............  ;D