News:

Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

Age-related Health Issues

Started by hermes2015, August 12, 2022, 05:29:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magdalena

hermes2015, I just wanna make you smile.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

hermes2015

Quote from: Magdalena on August 12, 2022, 06:47:12 PM
hermes2015, I just wanna make you smile.

Ha, thanks. You succeeded. I was about to have an early night (it's 20:15 here) when I saw it.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Magdalena

Please keep us posted, as you recover.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

hermes2015

"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

hermes2015

An update: I had a follow-up consultation, which is usually scheduled for 14 days after the brachytherapy, with my urologist yesterday. He did an ultrasound scan and showed me the little radioactive implants in the prostate. He joked and said he wanted to prove to me that they had actually done something while I was sleeping and that I hadn't been scammed. He was happy with my progress, so let's hope it continues like this.
― Charles Eames

billy rubin

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

hermes2015

Thanks, guys. In a way it is quite scary that I am feeling 100% normal, without any symptoms. The doctors told me that this can be a huge problem for many men who are totally unaware that they need to get medical attention, until it's too late.
― Charles Eames

hermes2015

An update on my prostate cancer situation. I completed the course of 25 daily radiation therapy sessions in the period of late October to end of November. The sessions of lying in the beam emitted by a linear accelerator were only 15 minutes each, weekdays only. Some people experience symptoms like diarrhoea and lassitude form the radiation, but I was one of the lucky ones and only experienced a slight drop in energy levels. After a recovery period of 6 weeks, a new blood test showed that the PSA level had dropped from 11 to 0.15, so I did not need a second hormone injection after the one I got in September. These injections are slow release and are effective for a few months. They cause a serious lack of energy, so I have done almost no creative work for a long time. Luckily, I have been feeling stronger every day, to the point that I have started feeling the urge to paint and sculpt again.

I want to repeat my appeal to you guys to have your PSA levels checked as soon as possible.
― Charles Eames

Dark Lightning

Great to see such positive results!

hermes2015

― Charles Eames

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

hermes2015

― Charles Eames

Tom62

The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

hermes2015

Quote from: Tom62 on February 06, 2023, 12:52:40 PMThat is great news.

Thank you. I was apprehensive about the results, as you can imagine.
― Charles Eames