News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

what's the last thing you bought?

Started by billy rubin, November 01, 2019, 09:49:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

xSilverPhinx

Bug spray. The walls have been breached and mosquitoes have invaded.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

billy rubin

auto registration for four motorcycles and two or three cars. all the others were currently valid.

i remember when i had one car and one motorcycle.now i buy registrations for at least six motorcycles, three pickups, and two sedans. plus there's a trailer. dormant vehicles include three trucks, two vans, another trailer, another sedan, and two more motorcycles. then there's three motorcycles without registrations at all, because they're race bikes.

i'm one of those people i used to laugh at.

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

jumbojak

I'm now the proud owner of an olympic barbell.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Icarus

Whacha gonna do with that thing JJ.  Try not to get a hernia or something when lifting more than you should.

Surprisingly, weight lifting has become a major sport at Florida high school athletic departments.  A local school has a 138 pound girl who has clean and jerked 380 pounds.  That girl is only a junior and she is determined to do C&J of more than 400 as a senior.  Damn I did not know that girls were so powerful. .....I am not too sure that i could bench press a chocolate eclaire. (I am perfectly  sure that I can lift a scotch and soda having done so on several occasions).

jumbojak

I'ma gonna get swole up like a tick.

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

billy rubin

im lookin at it

arent tbere supposed to be more parts?

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

jumbojak

I need plates and a rack. I'll probably build a rack.

xSilverPhinx

About US$100 in dog food.  :money: Joy has food allergies so it's premium hypoallergenic just for her, and Iago gets premium puppy dog food as well. His (15kg) should last maybe a month. Hopefully.

They eat better than I do.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Davin

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on April 28, 2021, 02:21:48 PM
About US$100 in dog food.  :money: Joy has food allergies so it's premium hypoallergenic just for her, and Iago gets premium puppy dog food as well. His (15kg) should last maybe a month. Hopefully.

They eat better than I do.
My puppers also has a special diet.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

jumbojak

Tom62

A Yamaha WXAD-10 to stream music from my NAS or PC to my stereo.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Dark Lightning

Quote from: jumbojak on May 07, 2021, 06:02:15 PM

I was looking to buy some dumb bells today. Holy shit, the prices are out of sight!  :o

Sandra Craft

Lilacs.  First time I've caught them during their flowering season in 8 years.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Bad Penny II

Quote from: Dark Lightning on May 07, 2021, 11:21:19 PM
Quote from: jumbojak on May 07, 2021, 06:02:15 PM

I was looking to buy some dumb bells today. Holy shit, the prices are out of sight!  :o

Cheap drunk is a phrase, I think I'd be a cheap dumb bell buyer.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.