News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

what's the last thing you bought?

Started by billy rubin, November 01, 2019, 09:49:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

billy rubin

racing boots, full-leather gauntlets, and a snell 2015 helmet for the number two son, so he has something to wear if we get to race in july.

he can fit into my leathers, so there's at least a grand i don't have to spend.

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Magdalena

Oh, just the basic necessities:
Ramen and wine.
:sad sigh:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Dark Lightning

The wife bought house numbers and an unnecessary brace for the bottom of the new mailbox. We dug the hole and placed the box too close to the curb for her taste. So I drilled holes in the bottom of the mailbox and put a 1/4" thick plate of hot-rolled steel under it to keep the box from getting bent. It sits back a bit, and she has aesthetic issues with it, is all. At $15, I'm not going to complain. The house numbers, though, she wants cast iron with brass numbers. $70. Hey, it's only money.  ::)

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Icarus

A Heim joint with which to make a knife sharpener,

Dark Lightning

Quote from: Icarus on May 31, 2020, 08:43:19 PM
A Heim joint with which to make a knife sharpener,

That's a new one on me! Is it a swivel for different edge angles?

Icarus

Yes it is sort of swivel thingy.  It is often called "rod end". You have some of them on your car most likely.....Like on the pitman arm or tie rod or probably on a throttle linkage if your car is carbureted.

I will show a pic of the sharpener gadget when I get around to finishing the project.

No one

Asmodean

For The Asmo: A new 4K monitor, which is twice as good as a 2K monitor and four times as good as a Full HD monitor.

At work: 10000€ worth of conference hardware
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Dark Lightning

Quote from: Icarus on June 02, 2020, 06:55:36 AM
Yes it is sort of swivel thingy.  It is often called "rod end". You have some of them on your car most likely.....Like on the pitman arm or tie rod or probably on a throttle linkage if your car is carbureted.

I will show a pic of the sharpener gadget when I get around to finishing the project.

Oh, I know what a Heim joint is, I've just never seen one pressed into service as part of a knife sharpener.

Tom62

A 1TB SSD external hard disk. Making backups is so much faster now. Next thing on my list is a 24-27" monitor. Working from home on a small laptop screen is rather tiresome.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

xSilverPhinx

My old earphones went out with a click click click rather than a bang (thankfully) so it was high time I bought another one. I decided to get a headset this time to better isolate the sound and get a better overall experience. ;D

Just to experiment, I upped the bass from 0 to 70% and listened to some of my favourite songs again.

Oh. My. God. Oh my god. I could feel my skull rattle and loved it! 

Who knew drums could be so lovely. :tellmemore: They're easily my favourite musical instrument now.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on June 13, 2020, 07:55:52 PM
My old earphones went out with a click click click rather than a bang (thankfully) so it was high time I bought another one. I decided to get a headset this time to better isolate the sound and get a better overall experience. ;D

Just to experiment, I upped the bass from 0 to 70% and listened to some of my favourite songs again.

Oh. My. God. Oh my god. I could feel my skull rattle and loved it! 

Who knew drums could be so lovely. :tellmemore: They're easily my favourite musical instrument now.

More than 24 hrs later and I'm still trippin' on bass music. I have a very long playlist. :grin:

xSilverPhinx

No one