News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

Dreams

Started by Randy, May 20, 2020, 07:09:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harmonie

Last night I dreamed I got on a plane and flew to New England. It's not a rare theme for my dreams, since I really want to move to New England. I'm scared of planes, though, and every dream with a plane is like "Everything's okay, I can fly" but then I wake up.

The weird thing about this dream was that I was only there for a short time. I wanted to go to another state in New England and hopped on a plane, that plane took me back to Oklahoma. Boo!

Icon Image by Cherubunny on Tumblr
"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." - Susan B. Anthony

Old Seer

Quote from: Harmonie on June 06, 2020, 11:00:11 PM
Last night I dreamed I got on a plane and flew to New England. It's not a rare theme for my dreams, since I really want to move to New England. I'm scared of planes, though, and every dream with a plane is like "Everything's okay, I can fly" but then I wake up.

The weird thing about this dream was that I was only there for a short time. I wanted to go to another state in New England and hopped on a plane, that plane took me back to Oklahoma. Boo!
Shure, I can relate to that. I can't get out of the damn building.
The only thing possible the world needs saving from are the ones running it.
Oh lord, save us from those wanting to save us.
I'm not a Theist.

Randy

Has anyone ever flown under their own power in their dreams? It seems to be something that happens more often now in mine.
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

Magdalena

Quote from: Randy on June 06, 2020, 11:23:30 PM
Has anyone ever flown under their own power in their dreams? It seems to be something that happens more often now in mine.
:computerwave: I have.
I love the feeling.  :tellmemore:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Magdalena

Quote from: Sandra Craft on June 06, 2020, 08:50:42 AM
...  Another time I dreamed that I was running swiftly and gracefully thru the forest on all fours -- still very much human.  It was fun.
I've had this dream too!
I was running through the forest from a predator but I wasn't going fast enough so I started running on all fours and that's how I got away. I woke up so tired.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Magdalena

Quote from: Randy on June 05, 2020, 01:05:04 AM

Maybe you can write a quasi-military fairy-tale from yours. :)

I agree with Randy, you have wild dreams, xSilverPhinx:snicker:

Randy

All that studying Silver does may have caused brain damage. It would explain a lot.  ;)
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Magdalena on June 07, 2020, 12:27:18 AM
Quote from: Randy on June 05, 2020, 01:05:04 AM

Maybe you can write a quasi-military fairy-tale from yours. :)

I agree with Randy, you have wild dreams, xSilverPhinx:snicker:

I know, but I'm not the only one! :P
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Randy on June 07, 2020, 12:33:26 AM
All that studying Silver does may have caused brain damage. It would explain a lot.  ;)

:notsure: Yeah...

hermes2015

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on June 06, 2020, 10:45:59 PM
Quote from: hermes2015 on June 06, 2020, 01:22:38 PM
I've been sleeping fitfully for a week now, not because of dreams, but more like visions or hallucinations of doing a big painting. The details of the subject matter are very clear in my mind and I even see the size: 2 m high by 3 m wide. I know what's going to happen: this is going to hound me until I am compelled do it. Is this a sign of mental disturbance, or inspiration, or both?

Completely normal. :lol:

:secrets1: I like to call it: completely normal temporary dementia.

I could tell you a little more about what goes on in the brain while asleep that could cause these urges, but that would make it less mysterious. :grin:

Thanks, I suspected you could provide a bit of insight, even if it isn't something I wanted to hear. Temporary dementia? It may be a bit more permanent — it survives into my waking hours, to the extent that I have started preliminary sketches and even measured some walls!

It may also just be a pathetic attention-grabbing stunt with no artistic merit.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Tom62

Quote from: Magdalena on June 07, 2020, 12:14:33 AM

Me too  :dance:
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Magdalena

Quote from: Tom62 on June 07, 2020, 07:21:37 AM

Tom62, we have something in common!?

:grin:

hermes2015

Quote from: Magdalena on June 07, 2020, 07:35:21 AM

And me!!! In my dreams I can do the breaststroke in the air and fly as high as I like, all the while keeping an eye open for any high tension power lines above me.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Magdalena

Quote from: hermes2015 on June 07, 2020, 09:02:16 AM
Quote from: Magdalena on June 07, 2020, 07:35:21 AM

And me!!! In my dreams I can do the breaststroke in the air and fly as high as I like, all the while keeping an eye open for any high tension power lines above me.
You too, hermes2015!? That's great.  ;D

...But can you guys breathe underwater too? Hmm?  :smug:

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Magdalena on June 07, 2020, 08:05:08 PM
...But can you guys breathe underwater too? Hmm?  :smug:

:oooh-me!:

I'm never able to. :sad sigh: