News:

Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

american primary elections

Started by billy rubin, March 03, 2020, 12:37:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

Trump appeals to the essentially selfish American Nightmare. The Democrats are a shattered shit storm of candidates that couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery. They don't even appear to understand the concept of a 'piss up' or brewery. They are a fucking shambles.

Honestly if I were an American I wouldn't have a clue who to vote for to keep Trump out for a second term.

Suck it up guys you're going to be fucked by the Tangerine Nightmare for another 4 years. :(
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Bad Penny II

Quote from: Mr. B on March 11, 2020, 02:44:25 AMIf it comes to Joe and trump I'll vote for trump.

I haven't kept up with all the new people.
Thanks for defining yourself for me Mr B.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Magdalena

Quote from: Tank on March 11, 2020, 07:36:24 AM
Quote from: Magdalena on March 10, 2020, 09:38:52 PM
Quote from: Kusa on March 08, 2020, 02:19:15 AM
Trump will win by a landslide. Mark my words and mark them well.

Who would want an incompetent and vulgar man in charge of a country for another four years?

The same people that put him there last time!
Yes, but knowing now what they didn't know then, should they/would they vote for him, again?
:P

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

xSilverPhinx

I lost interest from the moment it seemed like all the remaining candidates with a shot at the White House were all too male, too pale and too stale.  :deadpan:

Except for Trump. He's orange. :deadpan:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Magdalena

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on March 11, 2020, 03:15:14 PM
I lost interest from the moment it seemed like all the remaining candidates with a shot at the White House were all too male, too pale and too stale.  :deadpan:

That is true and funny.  :grin:
They're all in their 70's.
They're all men.
They're all white.
And they all pray.
One prays to the father the son and the holy spirit, one prays to YHWH and the other one prays to Beelzebub.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

billy rubin

i still think elizabeth warren would have made the best president.

radical enough to pursue profound changes, unlike biden.

practical enough to get them accomplished, unlike sanders.

i would have loved to see donald trump try to talk down to her on a debate stage. she would have handed him his head on a plate.

but as of last night, biden is stepping ahead and sanders is struggling to keep up.

i think this country needs radical change, but it looks like the next administration will mostly have to focus on steering the ship away from the cliffs.

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Magdalena on March 11, 2020, 03:24:53 PM

That is true and funny.  :grin:
They're all in their 70's.
They're all men.
They're all white.
And they all pray.
One prays to the father the son and the holy spirit, one prays to YHWH and the other one prays to Beelzebub.

:lol: Beelzebub

Kusa

As a white male, I find that a bit offensive.

Magdalena

Quote from: Tank on March 11, 2020, 07:42:54 AM
Suck it up guys you're going to be fucked by the Tangerine Nightmare for another 4 years. :(

Magdalena

Quote from: Kusa on March 11, 2020, 06:22:11 PM

Awwww... :therethere:

Yeah, xSilverPhinx, can't you see that being a white male is difficult!?

xSilverPhinx

I think your comment is intriguing, genuinely I do.

What is it exactly about my comment on the over representation of old, white men in power (not only in the US) that you found offensive? Does the fact that you're also a white male mean you feel the need to defend that social and political structure? Did you broaden the context to include white males (which includes you) in general?

There are so many people jumping on the 'bandwagons for the offended' these days...all it takes is a tiny and sometimes playful (because it's better to laugh than cry) jab and there they go hopping onto those things. But this isn't about me, it's about you. So let's hear out your reasons for feeling offended.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Magdalena on March 11, 2020, 06:53:14 PM

I do now! :grin:

Magdalena

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on March 11, 2020, 06:56:37 PM
Quote from: Magdalena on March 11, 2020, 06:53:14 PM

I do now! :grin:
:grin:

Kusa

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on March 11, 2020, 06:56:07 PM

I think your comment is intriguing, genuinely I do.

What is it exactly about my comment on the over representation of old, white men in power (not only in the US) that you found offensive? Does the fact that you're also a white male mean you feel the need to defend that social and political structure? Did you broaden the context to include white males (which includes you) in general?

There are so many people jumping on the 'bandwagons for the offended' these days...all it takes is a tiny and sometimes playful (because it's better to laugh than cry) jab and there they go hopping onto those things. But this isn't about me, it's about you. So let's hear out your reasons for feeling offended.
I am for the best person winning regardless of race, gender, etc. I think people from all walks of life can be great leaders.

With that said, I feel that white males are looked down upon now. It shouldn't be that way. Instead of putting people down in order to level the playing field, we should be open minded towards anyone that possesses the proper qualities.

Tank

I have to say I have some sympathy with Kusa. I don't like it when I see people slagging off old white men as a group. It's ageist, racist and sexist. How is it different from demonising young black males as a group? That's ageist, racist and sexist is it not?
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.