News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

Re: Reasons To Be Grumpy thread

Started by jumbojak, October 27, 2012, 09:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buddy

Quote from: Guardian85 on March 26, 2016, 11:26:07 PM
Quote from: Budhorse4 on March 26, 2016, 10:53:17 PM
Indiana's governor fucking sucks. He just made it illegal to have any abortion unless the fetus has a fatal illness. Not if the mother is in danger just the fetus. The woman is also required to notify the state if an abortion happens.
Wouldn't that fly in the face of the supreme court decisions on the matter?

The Supreme Court ruling in favor of abortions? Haha that's hilarious.  >:(
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Icarus

The Supremes neither permit nor prohibit abortions.

My dumb assed state legislature just made law that is roughly equivalent to the anti abortion rules in Texas. That will cause some serious problems for poorer women who use Planned Parenthood for things like cancer screening and a lot of other health care issues that have nothing whatever to do with abortion. The dumb bastards have not
figured out that the services provided by PP saves Medicaid more  money that the cost of subsidizing PP. Matter of fact, PP does only 3% of their total service for purposes of abortion.

xSilverPhinx

It's Easter, which means that church bells will be ringing practically all day today.  >:(
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Firebird

I spent all day doing someone else's work because they're too slow/incompetent to do it. I think I'm about to quit my third therapist in a row because she isn't helping at all. And I spent a weekend with my family, which just stresses me out by virtue of being around them. Also, now that the initial giddiness of impending fatherhood has come down a bit, I'm freaking out because, well, how the fuck am I going to handle taking care of a baby?
First world problems indeed.
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Magdalena

Quote from: Firebird on March 30, 2016, 04:29:13 AM
I spent all day doing someone else's work because they're too slow/incompetent to do it. I think I'm about to quit my third therapist in a row because she isn't helping at all. And I spent a weekend with my family, which just stresses me out by virtue of being around them. Also, now that the initial giddiness of impending fatherhood has come down a bit, I'm freaking out because, well, how the fuck am I going to handle taking care of a baby?
First world problems indeed.
:console:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Tank

Last ever episode of Mythbusters  :weepy:
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Guardian85

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Firebird

Quote from: Tank on March 30, 2016, 10:26:43 PM
Last ever episode of Mythbusters  :weepy:

Guess you guys got it later than us. We had it about a month ago. Sad too, but I also wasn't thrilled with them after Grant, Kari and Torrie left.
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Claireliontamer

Today it would be easier to list reasons not to be grumpy......

Nope not that easy.

Magdalena

Quote from: Guardian85 on March 31, 2016, 03:58:47 AM
Quote from: Magdalena on March 31, 2016, 03:48:36 AM
I'm sick.
What sort of sick?
Just a cold. I feel much better today.
Thank you for asking, Guardian85
  :)

Guardian85

No problem, Mags!  ;D

The reason I am grumpy is that one of my students is getting deported next week.
Suppose I should mention that my Mother roped me back into the local marching band (she is the conductor) by making me the drum instructor for the new kids.
One of them has been a young man named Behram, an asylum seeker from Afghanistan, whom I was teaching to play the bass drum in preparation for the May 17th parade.
The government, in their infinite wisdom  ::), have concluded that he is probably not 17 years old like it says in his papers, and therefore he is not eligible to remain in the country. They will probably deport him over the weekend or sometime next week.
So in summary: One young man who has thought himself Norwegian and integrated himself into the local community, and is quite possibly still a minor, is apparently not the sort of person we can let stay in the country.

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Biggus Dickus

I'm sick.

I am sick, and I am tired.

Glad you are feeling better Magdalita...didn't think butterflies got sick though?

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Magdalena

Quote from: Bruno de la Pole on March 31, 2016, 09:52:49 PM
I'm sick.

Glad you are feeling better Magdalita...didn't think butterflies got sick though?
That's true.  :headscratch:

Hmm!?...So...

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Magdalena on April 01, 2016, 06:30:35 AM
Quote from: Bruno de la Pole on March 31, 2016, 09:52:49 PM
I'm sick.

That's true.  :headscratch:

Hmm!?...So...

I don't think butterflies have an actual stomach.
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."