News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

A Game of Thrones (Full of spoilers!)

Started by Sandra Craft, May 28, 2012, 10:48:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crow

Retired member.

Ali

^^Hahahahahahhaha "Coming Soon.  Just like winter."

Ali

CROW!!!!  Eeeeeeeeeeee!  Book 3 is sooooooo good.  Almost done with it, so I had to go out on my lunch hour and buy four and five.  I don't want to spoil anything for BCE so I won't say what happens but ZOMA!

1.  Joff's wedding
2. The Frey's betrayal
3.  Jaime!!!!  (Who I actually love now.)
4.  Jaime telling Tyrion about Tysha and the...errr....fallout.
5.  All the stuff with Jon Snow and the Wall
6.  Stannis (who I don't exactly like, but who I hate less now.)

I just got done reading the part where Jaime tells Tyrion about Tysha and he....erm....reacts.  :-X Eeeeeeeee!

Crow

Quote from: Ali on July 16, 2012, 08:34:48 PM
CROW!!!!  Eeeeeeeeeeee!  Book 3 is sooooooo good.  Almost done with it, so I had to go out on my lunch hour and buy four and five.  I don't want to spoil anything for BCE so I won't say what happens but ZOMA!

1.  Joff's wedding
2. The Frey's betrayal

I just got done reading the part where Jaime tells Tyrion about Tysha and he....erm....reacts.  :-X Eeeeeeeee!

;D Its amazing isn't it! You got to the part with Tyrion and the crossbow or are you referring to Tyrions answer to his brother?
Retired member.

Ali

Quote from: Crow on July 16, 2012, 08:44:21 PM

1.  Joff's wedding
2. The Frey's betrayal

;D Its amazing isn't it! You got to the part with Tyrion and the crossbow or are you referring to Tyrions answer to his brother?

Crossbow.   :-X

Sandra Craft

Oh, please please spoil me!!  I'll never read the books and I'm going crazy waiting for season 3.

Quote1.  Joff's wedding
2. The Frey's betrayal

Just as long as the Wall doesn't fall on him -- I like Jon.  Tysha was Tyrion's teenage bride, right?  The one he told the story about to Bronn and Shae?
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Ali

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on July 17, 2012, 01:44:51 AM

Oh, please please spoil me!!  I'll never read the books and I'm going crazy waiting for season 3.

Quote1.  Joff's wedding
2. The Frey's betrayal

Just as long as the Wall doesn't fall on him -- I like Jon.  Tysha was Tyrion's teenage bride, right?  The one he told the story about to Bronn and Shae?

The Wall doesn't literally fall on him, although it could be argued that it falls on him in a metaphoeical sense.   :D

Yes, Tysha was Tyrion's teenage bride.

Non Quixote

A few friends had recommended the series to me and since I don't have cable TV anymore I went to the Web and dowloaded the first season.  I watched the first episode and it really intrigued me with the mysterious black wall and the scary monsters, all set against a medieval backdrop.  I have to say however that by the end of the season I had lost all interest.

The monsters are whispered about but are never seen again after the first episode.  The supernatural aspect falls by the wayside completely.  The episodes become all about court intrigue and boobs (not that I don't love boobs, but I have the internet for that).  Court intrigue and social dynamics bore the crap out of me, although with the popularity of reality TV I know that they fascinate most of the rest of the planet.

And then to dirtnap the show for me completely, they kill off Sean Bean, who was half the reason that I was even still watching!

Oh well, if we all liked the same things the planet would get pretty boring, pretty quickly.
Ya give 'em books and they just chew on the covers...
"Faith is something you believe that nobody in his right mind would believe."    ~ Archie Bunker

Sandra Craft

This is probably going to be totally spoiler laden -- I'm a complete spoiler whore so I have a hard time judging -- and therefore I'm leaving space for anybody who hates spoilers and hasn't seen season 2 yet.

That should be enough.

Quote from: Non Quixote on July 23, 2012, 11:09:22 PM
The monsters are whispered about but are never seen again after the first episode.  The supernatural aspect falls by the wayside completely. 

The supernatural aspect comes on full force in season 2, altho there's still plenty of court intrigue, etc.  We have dragons, zombies (unfortunately, I'm not a fan of the walking dead) who are under the control of those White Walkers mentioned in season 1, wizards, witch-priestesses and the Faceless Men who seem supernaturalish.

QuoteAnd then to dirtnap the show for me completely, they kill off Sean Bean, who was half the reason that I was even still watching!

I feel your pain -- Seal Bean was one of the two reasons I started watching despite the fact that I don't care for George R. R. Martin's writing at all.  But they have some other good actors involved, including Charles Dance whom I absolutely adore. 
Sandy

Crow

Quote from: Non Quixote on July 23, 2012, 11:09:22 PM
A few friends had recommended the series to me and since I don't have cable TV anymore I went to the Web and dowloaded the first season.  I watched the first episode and it really intrigued me with the mysterious black wall and the scary monsters, all set against a medieval backdrop.  I have to say however that by the end of the season I had lost all interest.

The monsters are whispered about but are never seen again after the first episode.  The supernatural aspect falls by the wayside completely.  The episodes become all about court intrigue and boobs (not that I don't love boobs, but I have the internet for that).  Court intrigue and social dynamics bore the crap out of me, although with the popularity of reality TV I know that they fascinate most of the rest of the planet.

And then to dirtnap the show for me completely, they kill off Sean Bean, who was half the reason that I was even still watching!

Oh well, if we all liked the same things the planet would get pretty boring, pretty quickly.

If you want the supernatural element read the books, the TV series only contains a very small amount of it but its still not really the primary focus, its really a story about the ruling class in a fantasy based world. If you don't like plotting and betrayal where any character can be killed of I wouldn't recommend the books either but if you do but wanted more supernatural then check them out.
Retired member.

Non Quixote

Quote from: Crow on July 24, 2012, 03:50:24 PM
If you want the supernatural element read the books, the TV series only contains a very small amount of it but its still not really the primary focus, its really a story about the ruling class in a fantasy based world. If you don't like plotting and betrayal where any character can be killed of I wouldn't recommend the books either but if you do but wanted more supernatural then check them out.
Not really a fan of the whole court intrigue thing, i.e. the plotting, the usurpation, the double dealing, who's boinking who, etc.

But then I find reality shows beyond boring as well.
Ya give 'em books and they just chew on the covers...
"Faith is something you believe that nobody in his right mind would believe."    ~ Archie Bunker

Sandra Craft

Are we waiting for season 3 or season 4 to begin?  I thought it was 3, but then I realized that I've already seen 3 finales, unless I'm misremembering something.  I get so confused by these long hiatuses.  In any case, since NQ's interest is the fantasy stuff, I'd suggest skipping season 2 (except for the finale, when I think the dragons were born) and giving season 3 a try.
Sandy

Ali

Haha BCE.  You confused me!  I thought Season 3 as well, but then you mentioned 3 season finales, and I seem to remember 3 as well.....

But then I googled it.  We were right the first time, Season 3 is next.

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Ali on July 25, 2012, 05:40:47 PM
Haha BCE.  You confused me!  I thought Season 3 as well, but then you mentioned 3 season finales, and I seem to remember 3 as well.....

But then I googled it.  We were right the first time, Season 3 is next.

Then we're remembering one too many finales.  I wonder how that happened?
Sandy

Sandra Craft

I'm sure there's a later GoT thread, but I can't find it.  Probably got eaten in the Great Meltdown.  Anyway, here are a few tidbits to tide us over:

Eight crazy fan theories

GoT related jokes
Sandy