News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

What are you listening to?

Started by gwyn428, January 25, 2009, 09:30:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

billy rubin

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

No one

Anne D.

That was lovely, No one.

Some Lucinda Williams:

Anne D.

A pop song, a torch song, and a lullaby from one of my favorite ladies. Looking forward to reading her memoirs.

Anne D.

Anne D.

Icarus

hermes2015

Watching Michael Tilson Thomas conduct is fascinating, but I know some of you will only be looking at Yuja.

"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Icarus

Ms. Wang is more noticed by her flirtatious and revealing costuming.  To be sure she is put together structurally with enviable personal architecture.  Not necessary for her as she is a brilliant musician with the fastest fingers in the business.  The Shostakovich piece, for her, was mere kid stuff.

Check out her Flight of the Bumble bee performance, elsewhere on you tube.

billy rubin

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

billy rubin

Magdalena

My grandfather's music.
Very nostalgic.

PB, I suddenly got the strange feeling that the guy he's talking about in the song is you when you were younger.

:secrets1: Please confirm this with your lovely wife. I'm sure she has heard it if she is from Honduras.

:grin:

Sorry. Just me being weird.
Nothing new to see.

Please.
Continue.

Thank you.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Recusant

It's corny, but I like it.  :grin:

"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

billy rubin