That video is not available in Brazil.  :'(
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

hermes2015

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on December 25, 2019, 01:29:52 PM
Quote from: Magdalena on December 25, 2019, 04:05:53 AM
Anyways...
Continuing with tradition...

You need a VPN to simulate your location in another country.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: hermes2015 on December 25, 2019, 02:50:16 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on December 25, 2019, 01:29:52 PM
Quote from: Magdalena on December 25, 2019, 04:05:53 AM
Anyways...
Continuing with tradition...

You need a VPN to simulate your location in another country.

Yeah...though last time I used a VPN I got myself banned from HAF.   ::)

No one

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: No one on December 25, 2019, 10:18:28 PM
Or, you could move.

I think there are a few options one could try first if they really want to watched a blocked video.  ;D

Icarus

BR you can almost surely gain a MPH or two as follows.  Unless it violates the rules for naked bikes, build a front fender.  It is to cover the top of the wheel and at least 30 degrees of the front of the wheel. .  There are some serious drag factors at the top of the wheel.  The boundary layer of air on the tire is pushing forward against the slipstream which is a net drag factor.  Not a big one but worth exploring. Not to be concerned with the back of the wheel.  There is a drag factor there but a fender will not fix that part of the equation.

billy rubin

you're right  that a fender might buy me something, and rules for naked bikes allow one. a friend of mine went 154 on this norton atlas in 2018 at bonneville.

and here's another friend with his 67 BSA hornet, that he hasn't run yet in this configuration. without the fibreglas it went 131.

i'm allowed a 180 degree fender, and it can't be wider than the forks. so it could be done. but the machine i'm trying to beat is this one:

i already have th efastest production-framed british 650. but ^^^this machine--custom frame, aftermarket engine cases, oxygenated fuel, unlimited altered class-- went 139.226.

he did it with no aero aids beyond what you see on the machine. what i want to do is hit 140 with what is essentially a super-hot-rodded "production" machine:

production frame, no aero, straight gasoline-- taking 140 with a bike that i could technically put a license plate on and drive on the street is the goal. well, it would need lights.

after i do that, i'll look into full aero, and see what i can do with fibreglas. i already have one of these wonderful old BSA fairings to put on it:

so the fender is in the plans, but i have a goal to reach first without it.

see, i get real boring real quick if you ask about the race bike. but that ex-works BSA is gorgeous.

you have any pictures of the AJS you ran?

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Icarus

BR, No pix of the Ajay that I can find.  That was a couple of eons ago.  I might have some pix of the NSU Supermax that had a little bit of aero treatment.  It was a 250 thumper that was state of the art machinery in its day.  I did not ride it. I had riders who were better than me and we could run in the all class bash with confidence. We won more than a few races and often defeated bigger bikes including T'birds, Gold Stars and other potent bikes.   We once beat out a Vincent Black Shadow and won a side bet that was pretty substantial at the time.  The NSU had spectacular brakes and handled like few other bikes of its day could.  I had some factory help I confess.  These were all closed course venues where brakes and precise handling matter big time. So did tire selection. The engine was also a lot stronger than a 250 had any right to be. The transmission and clutch was also very reliable and manageable.

The overhead cam engine had the most unique cam drive mechanism ever dreamed  up.  It had a pair of flat plate couplings similar to  connecting rod configuration.  Those parts resembled the kind of engine to wheel linkage you might see on the side of a steam locomotive.  That arrangement worked flawlessly.  No chains like the Pirellas, or bevel gears like the Ducatis or pushrods like most of the rest of the bikes of the day. 

T

Dark Lightning

Quote from: Icarus on December 27, 2019, 01:12:19 AM
BR, No pix of the Ajay that I can find.  That was a couple of eons ago.  I might have some pix of the NSU Supermax that had a little bit of aero treatment.  It was a 250 thumper that was state of the art machinery in its day.  I did not ride it. I had riders who were better than me and we could run in the all class bash with confidence. We won more than a few races and often defeated bigger bikes including T'birds, Gold Stars and other potent bikes.   We once beat out a Vincent Black Shadow and won a side bet that was pretty substantial at the time.  The NSU had spectacular brakes and handled like few other bikes of its day could.  I had some factory help I confess.  These were all closed course venues where brakes and precise handling matter big time. So did tire selection. The engine was also a lot stronger than a 250 had any right to be. The transmission and clutch was also very reliable and manageable.

The overhead cam engine had the most unique cam drive mechanism ever dreamed  up.  It had a pair of flat plate couplings similar to  connecting rod configuration.  Those parts resembled the kind of engine to wheel linkage you might see on the side of a steam locomotive.  That arrangement worked flawlessly.  No chains like the Pirellas, or bevel gears like the Ducatis or pushrods like most of the rest of the bikes of the day. 

T

I'd like to see some orthographic views of that setup. I'm betting that there was some careful balancing of material removal and so forth. I've never ventured into moving machinery that had to move at high speeds, beyond the usual speed parts for my cars, which weren't anything all that special in terms of speed. Though I did have three- a '65 Malibu with a 327 CI engine, a '66 Le Mans with a 400 CI engine and a '69 Camaro with a 327 CI engine that all saw 140 MPH. The Le Mans had some problems...four spun rod bearings. They don't like high revs, and it went to 6800 before I realized it.  :-[ Chevies rev better, even without a lot of prep. That Pontiac was not prepared for that, and I paid the price.

billy rubin

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Recusant

"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

hermes2015

"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Recusant

"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

billy rubin