News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Icarus

I would have thought that white stuff to be mashed potatoes JJ. 

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Asmodean on October 22, 2020, 10:17:20 AM
600 streaming services, and there is nothing to watch.

I gave up cable TV for exactly that reason, and subscribed to Hulu and BritBox.  And now I'm wondering if it's worth keeping them either since I seem to be using my DVDs entirely for visual entertainment.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Randy

I live in my daughter's house and she gave up cable long before I got here. There's enough streaming media to keep us busy it seems.
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Randy on October 26, 2020, 02:01:54 AM
I live in my daughter's house and she gave up cable long before I got here. There's enough streaming media to keep us busy it seems.

What do you enjoy watching?  I've gotten a kick out of Buffalo Bill on BritBox.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Randy

At the moment I haven't found anything new yet since The Boys finished their season. I've got to restart Netflix. I want to watch the final season of Lucifer but right now they have the season divided.

On Pluto TV I watched some of the old Dr. Who shows starring Tom Baker. That is until it locked up on me. My caregiver didn't have that problem. Then I went back to work on my personal project. It keeps me challenged and occupied.
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

Bad Penny II

The Boys were fucking diabolical  ;D
Good Omens was good a Pratchet & Gaiman thing with David Tenant in it.
Hanna, two series, OK.
His Dark Materials, haven't got around to it, too much entertainment too little time.
Star Trek Picard was good.
Star Trek Discovery is OK, the lead is a bit annoying, so fricking emotional, much better when she was being Vulcan.
American Gods is good.
Killing Eve is excellently excellent.
What We Do In The Shadows, best comedy series since Black Books probably.
The Witcher was fun, I might design a "Stifle your mewling" tee shirt.
The Dark Crystal???
Watchmen, watched a few, not like the movie, may improve.
There is a new Simon Pegg/Frost series, Truth Seekers, involving ghosts I think, could be good.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

billy rubin

interesting. i cant remember the last time i turned on a television set. about 12 years ago in a motel, i think.

i do sometomes see videos on a computer, and i watched some of the american presidential debatez that way.

television evolves continuously, in ways that i dont think are eazy to notice unless your experience with it is sparse. one thing i have seen clearly is a de emphasis on talk and more on very competent visual presentationz. especially in advertizing. used to be a television commercial would present a product in just a few camera sequencez, with a voice over talking about the product. now if you count, the camera cuts to a new sequence every second or two and concentrates on prezenting information with images rather than words. i wonder what that says about how we process information now.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8NqsQOyedEs

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fiu8p5vshFc

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Tank

My daughter hid a Christmas present for one of her kids at our house last night. It's an electric go cart with coil suspension and everything!

Kids today don't know they're born  :geezer!:
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

hermes2015

Quote from: Tank on October 30, 2020, 07:55:56 AM
My daughter hid a Christmas present for one of her kids at our house last night. It's an electric go cart with coil suspension and everything!

I know you're dying to play with it.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Tank

Quote from: hermes2015 on October 30, 2020, 10:25:23 AM

I know you're dying to play with it.

I would if I could fit in it!
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

xSilverPhinx

I know, right?  ::) When I was a kid I dreamed of having a portable TV I could take with me during car rides, nowadays kids have their cellphones, tablets and stuff, with which they can be constantly entertained. It's almost as if boredom is a thing of the past. 
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Randy

That sounds like quite a go cart. How old is the kid that will receive this?

Ecurb Noselrub

What's on my mind is this damn election.  I hope it is over today.  It's like watching a race where neither runner can get to the finish line. Maddening.

Tank

Quote from: Randy on November 04, 2020, 02:03:14 AM

That sounds like quite a go cart. How old is the kid that will receive this?

4 and 7. Young one is big older one is small.

billy rubin

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on November 05, 2020, 02:00:07 PM
What's on my mind is this damn election.  I hope it is over today.  It's like watching a race where neither runner can get to the finish line. Maddening.

it will never end. 2020 will juzt go on forever

like the flying dutchman we will pay for our iniquities eternally

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."