News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

What are you listening to?

Started by gwyn428, January 25, 2009, 09:30:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magdalena

Quote from: Bad Penny II on April 04, 2021, 09:32:49 AM
Quote from: Magdalena on April 04, 2021, 03:42:20 AM

Goddamn hippies.
I love them.
:cryandrun:

Ye, I have identified as having Hippie sympathies, wars shouldn't be entered into lightly, or with fervour, it's going to cost you and them and many of them won't deserve it.

It seems hippies are associated with irrationality these days, there's an idyllic  region a couple of hours north that the hippies claimed in their heyday.  The silly rainbow stuff doesn't matter but anti vaxers are a problem.

We had a dolphnin/rainbow sticker on our first microwave (that lasted many years).
Our fridge supported disarmament, it had a "Fridges for nuclear disarmament" sticker.

I could identify as aspiring to be a mostly rational hippie.

America, back then you'd be talking to someone...
I've got a guitar
Oh ye, what can you play?
A Horse With No Name
It always seemed to be Horse With No Name.
Anyway I'm looking forward to the "Magdalena's Hippie Music thread".
A dolphin riding a rainbow told me it would be.
Isn't it more likely it was an oil slick?
Ye, it could have been an oil slick but I only want to be mostly rational.
A dolphin told you this?
Fk off Purple, you've sold out.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

xSilverPhinx

I found an old photo of my father when he lived in France for a year during college. He was a long-haired hippie. Very strange.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Magdalena

Awwww...Prince:tellmemore:

Where's Pasta Chick:sad sigh:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Bad Penny II

That's Barry Otto, his daughter Miranda challenged and slew the Witch King of Angmar to protect Denethor.
She's Sabrina's auntie Z now.

John Waters, he was in a Rake episode and stuff

I don't know who she is

Take my advice, don't listen to me.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Bad Penny II on April 07, 2021, 02:48:52 PM
That's Barry Otto, his daughter Miranda challenged and slew the Witch King of Angmar to protect Denethor.
She's Sabrina's auntie Z now.

You mean Théoden? :grin: Denethor was an asshole, the Witch King can have him for all I care. :P

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on April 07, 2021, 08:23:40 PM
You mean Théoden? :grin: Denethor was an asshole, the Witch King can have him for all I care. :P

This reminds me of when I was in 4th Grade I think and we had read The Hobbit along with the teacher for Literature class. When it was time to quiz us, the teacher sat me next to a boy who decided to cheat on the test by glancing over to my sheet of paper and copying my answers.

He was hardly sutil in his attempts and I quickly noticed what he was doing. Because I didn't like him at all, and didn't want to get into trouble after us both handing in identical test papers, I wrote down the wrong answers to all the questions and after I saw that he had copied them I quickly erased them and wrote what I thought was correct.

When the test results came back I had done really well, and he obviously hadn't. He was livid when he came to me and asked why I had changed my answers -- that those weren't the ones he had copied. :lol:

What do you even reply to a person like that?  ::)   

Magdalena

...He was livid when he came to me and asked why I had changed my answers -- that those weren't the ones he had copied. :lol:

Icarus

Perhaps not appropriate for fourth grade responses............"you lazy shithead,  you are capable of learning to answer these questions as accurately as I can." ..... " You are a miserable user whose destiny is to remain a loser unless you make some adjustments to your attitude".  You could also have added ..."eat shit and die!"

But wait! What if the kid had some emotional difficulties like a broken home, abusive parents....did he have something like ADD or other learning difficulties?  Cheating on his behalf would not have been appropriate but maybe we needed to give the kid some kind of help. 

It is clear that Fernanda is a smart and talented little girl who was, and still is, an achiever,  But what of the less talented?  Do we have an unspoken duty to reach out to our lesser mortals?  (sorry, this should have been in the Philosophy section)

Magdalena

Quote from: Icarus on April 09, 2021, 02:01:07 AM
Perhaps not appropriate for fourth grade responses............"you lazy shithead,  you are capable of learning to answer these questions as accurately as I can." ..... " You are a miserable user whose destiny is to remain a loser unless you make some adjustments to your attitude".  You could also have added ..."eat shit and die!"

THAT, or...

Randy

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on April 07, 2021, 08:42:04 PM

This reminds me of when I was in 4th Grade I think and we had read The Hobbit along with the teacher for Literature class. When it was time to quiz us, the teacher sat me next to a boy who decided to cheat on the test by glancing over to my sheet of paper and copying my answers.

He was hardly sutil in his attempts and I quickly noticed what he was doing. Because I didn't like him at all, and didn't want to get into trouble after us both handing in identical test papers, I wrote down the wrong answers to all the questions and after I saw that he had copied them I quickly erased them and wrote what I thought was correct.

When the test results came back I had done really well, and he obviously hadn't. He was livid when he came to me and asked why I had changed my answers -- that those weren't the ones he had copied. :lol:

I'd be speechless.
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

Magdalena

RIP, DMX, and/or continue to tell everyone, wherever you are..."Who We Be."

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Magdalena on April 08, 2021, 09:22:55 PM
...He was livid when he came to me and asked why I had changed my answers -- that those weren't the ones he had copied. :lol:

:snicker:

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Icarus on April 09, 2021, 02:01:07 AM
But wait! What if the kid had some emotional difficulties like a broken home, abusive parents....did he have something like ADD or other learning difficulties?  Cheating on his behalf would not have been appropriate but maybe we needed to give the kid some kind of help. 

Maybe...all I remember is he was constantly an annoying little bitch. I think even the teacher gave up on him after a while.   

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Magdalena on April 09, 2021, 11:47:12 PM
RIP, DMX, and/or continue to tell everyone, wherever you are..."Who We Be."

I had never heard of DMX before but it's always sad when an artist dies. I know I felt really sad when Chester from Linkin Park (a favourite during my teenage years) took his own life some years ago.  :(

billy rubin

Quote from: Magdalena on April 04, 2021, 03:42:20 AM

Goddamn hippies.
I love them.
:cryandrun:

damn

what a continuing theme.

i watched america perform at londons oval cricket ground. a benefit concert for bangla desh. 30 000 people. along with mott the hoople, lindisfarne, joe cocker, rod stewart, and the who.

my first acid trip. a tab of 12 hour blotter

the spooks from tbe american embassy were taking picturez of the expat schoolkids passing a joint. i was far away with my english and danish friends . didnt hang out with ghe americans much

thats a long time ago that was

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."