News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

Ecurb's travels

Started by Ecurb Noselrub, November 27, 2019, 01:08:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Recusant

It hasn't been my experience that the British are still sore about losing the American colonies, except perhaps for some particularly myopic sorts. We still provide them a large target for condescending remarks, just as back in the day.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Recusant

Indeed. Brexit and Mr Johnson tend to pale some in comparison, but are not to be discounted as competitors.  :snicker1:
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

billy rubin

those glass catealks are not for me either

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Bad Penny II

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on October 05, 2021, 07:47:57 PM
Lunch - lobster soup and fish & chips.

I don't like the look of the fish and chips, they look overcooked.

You can't leave at that, it's too negative, you have to end with something nice.

I don't have any nice presently, can you do it?

I like the colours of the Mushroom risotto.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Biggus Dickus

Hello Ecurb,

It looks like you are really enjoying yourself so far...I'm enjoying the pictures quite a bit, and my mouth was watering over the Mushroom Risotto,...as Bad Penny said the colours are nice.
Lobster soup looked quite yummy as well.

I also swore I could smell the lamb when I was looking at the picture. I don't eat meat that often, but occasionally the wife will slow cook some lamb, and the smell of it cooking is always so tempting to me that I can't help myself and have to have some.

Love the picture of the London Wall...can you actually get close to the wall? (I would be sorely tempted if possible to grab a small souvenir if I was there)

Anyway, I hope you continue to enjoy your trip, and stay out of trouble...I don't know that Tank would bail you out if needed. 8)

Bruno

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Ecurb Noselrub

Another 10+ miles today on foot.  Started of going to Notting Hill, passing Hyde Park on the way.  Here is the Marble Arch at Speaker's Corner, and Portobello Road in Notting Hill.

Ecurb Noselrub

Sea Bass for lunch at The Ivy in Soho.

Ecurb Noselrub

Greek Beef Stew for dinner.

Ecurb Noselrub

Oxford Street at sunset.

Ecurb Noselrub

Ecurb Noselrub

What the English do at night.

Ecurb Noselrub

Quiz: What happened on top of this building on January 30, 1969?

Ecurb Noselrub

Bruno, here is another wall photo, showing more clearly the line between Roman and medieval.  Yes, you can get close enough to touch it in some places, but I did not pilfer anything.

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.