News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

Ecurb's travels

Started by Ecurb Noselrub, November 27, 2019, 01:08:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hermes2015

So glad to see your evocative photos and to hear you made it to some of my favourite places.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Tank

Quote from: hermes2015 on October 05, 2021, 03:47:09 AM
So glad to see your evocative photos and to hear you made it to some of my favourite places.

He's in our time zone now too!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

hermes2015

Quote from: Tank on October 05, 2021, 10:42:01 AM

Thank goodness he's been vaccinated.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Bad Penny II

Quote from: hermes2015 on October 05, 2021, 12:03:05 PM
Quote from: Tank on October 05, 2021, 10:42:01 AM

Thank goodness he's been vaccinated.

He is triple vaticinated and that's an unnatural amount of ...
what's it an unnatural amount of Green?
Superlative gifts of modern medicine.
No! that's not what I was after, collaborate or be gone Green.
That many vaccinations messes with your ions, my wifi plays up whenever Ecurb posts, the 1/2 avocado from yesterday is browning more that it should, and a butcher bird looked at my funny.  He needs to be ducked.

They've got an excellent ducking stool at Leominster, I think Tank should arrange something.

Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Ecurb Noselrub

Sorry for browning your avocado, Bad Penny.  Here is the Tower of London. If one of Henry VIII wives browned his avocado, she would be sent here.

Ecurb Noselrub

Here is the Tower Bridge.  I climbed 206 steps to the top, crossed on the glass walk, and went back down 206 steps. All in the process of walking at least 10 miles, and doing 25 pushups before breakfast.  Not too bad for a 69-year-old codger.

Ecurb Noselrub

Looking down from the glass walk on the Tower Bridge.  Everything in your body says "don't step on that fucking glass, you idiot!!!!"

Ecurb Noselrub

Proof I was here.  Or maybe it is photoshopped?  But I'm not savvy enough to do that! But maybe a 5-year-old helped me?  Oh, hell, there is no proof of anything anymore!!

Ecurb Noselrub

Now for some science.

Part of the original London Wall.  The top is medieval, and the bottom is Roman, 1800 years old.  Archeology Rocks!!

Ecurb Noselrub

We move to eating and drinking. Had a 12-year-old Glenfiddich here.

Ecurb Noselrub

Lunch - lobster soup and fish & chips.

Ecurb Noselrub

Dinner. The Spanish girl at my hotel desk told me in English to eat French, because Soho used to be London's French Quarter.  I obeyed.

Mushroom risotto.

Lamb stew.

Ecurb Noselrub

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Icarus

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on October 05, 2021, 07:36:50 PM

Proof I was here.  Or maybe it is photoshopped?  But I'm not savvy enough to do that! But maybe a 5-year-old helped me?  Oh, hell, there is no proof of anything anymore!!

The kid took a pix of a fine looking old guy Ecurb.  I do question your judgement about stepping on that fucking glass.  Never trust them damned Brits. Do you suppose that they set glass traps for American tourists?  Keep in mind that they are still mad about losing the war over the American colonies.