Main Menu

Ecurb's travels

Started by Ecurb Noselrub, November 27, 2019, 01:08:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on October 01, 2021, 07:58:35 PM

Mule Ear Peaks in Big Bend National Park

You've got the picture thing sorted. :)
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

hermes2015

"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Ecurb Noselrub

Apparently, I satisfied the myriad requirements to travel from the USA to the UK - they gave me a boarding pass.  I can't wait to be poked and prodded in the UK to see how they do it there.  That's Monday.  Then a self-test 2 days before I come home.  Now I'm sitting in the United Club in the Houston airport, waiting for my plane. My next post will be from London, sometime tomorrow, I hope.

Tank

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on October 02, 2021, 08:09:50 PM
Apparently, I satisfied the myriad requirements to travel from the USA to the UK - they gave me a boarding pass.  I can't wait to be poked and prodded in the UK to see how they do it there.  That's Monday.  Then a self-test 2 days before I come home.  Now I'm sitting in the United Club in the Houston airport, waiting for my plane. My next post will be from London, sometime tomorrow, I hope.

Looking forward to it!  :D
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Biggus Dickus

Ecurb. I put together a map for you, the Great British Road Trip...enjoy!

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

hermes2015

Quote from: Papasito Bruno on October 03, 2021, 03:43:55 AM
Ecurb. I put together a map for you, the Great British Road Trip...enjoy!

The Isle of Man is well worth a visit, but it requires a ferry.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Ecurb Noselrub

Carnaby Street in Soho. This was the center of the Mod fashion scene in the 60's, and is referenced in the Kink's song "A Dedicated Follower of Fashion".

You can click on these to make them bigger.

Ecurb Noselrub

Shakespeare's Head pub on Carnaby.  I had an Old Speckled Hen Ale here.

Ecurb Noselrub

Street art off of Carnaby.

Ecurb Noselrub

I'll post at least 3 photos every day.  Tomorrow I'm heading north on foot, first to get my Day 2 test, then to Regent's Park, and with any luck, to Abbey Road.  I'm trying for a shot of me crossing where the Beatles crossed.

hermes2015

That's an interesting part of London. You are close to Liberty in Regent Street, where you can get wonderful scarves for your wife.
― Charles Eames

billy rubin

is portobello road still a thing?

kensington market?

set the function, not the mechanism.

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: billy rubin on October 03, 2021, 06:28:56 PM

kensington market?

Yes. Portobello Road is in Notting Hill and Kensington Market is near Knightsbridge.  Not sure if I will make it to either - long walk from where I am staying.

Bad Penny II

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on October 04, 2021, 03:22:44 AM

kensington market?

Yes. Portobello Road is in Notting Hill and Kensington Market is near Knightsbridge.  Not sure if I will make it to either - long walk from where I am staying.

Has anyone called you "luv"yet?
Do have any calming techniques prepared in case someone does?
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Tank

Quote from: Bad Penny II on October 04, 2021, 07:59:42 AM
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on October 04, 2021, 03:22:44 AM

kensington market?

Has anyone called you "luv"yet?
Do have any calming techniques prepared in case someone does?

Wrong end of the country for "Luv" lol