News:

Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

Ecurb's travels

Started by Ecurb Noselrub, November 27, 2019, 01:08:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ecurb Noselrub

Booked our vacation for next summer.  We are doing a Tale of Two Cities: a week in London and a week in Paris.  Staying in Soho in London and Montmarte in Paris.  Taking Euro-star under the Channel to go from one city to the other.  I read that Brexit won't disrupt the train - hope that's correct.  It's been over 30 years since we've been in Paris, so I'm expecting significant changes.  About 14 years since I've been in London.  Planning a day trip from London to Edinburgh - it's about 4 1/2 hours on the train, so we can leave early, see a bit of the city, and get back late.  Never been to Scotland, so I'm taking the opportunity.

Magdalena

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on November 27, 2019, 01:08:20 PM
Booked our vacation for next summer.  We are doing a Tale of Two Cities: a week in London and a week in Paris.  Staying in Soho in London and Montmarte in Paris.  Taking Euro-star under the Channel to go from one city to the other.  I read that Brexit won't disrupt the train - hope that's correct.  It's been over 30 years since we've been in Paris, so I'm expecting significant changes.  About 14 years since I've been in London.  Planning a day trip from London to Edinburgh - it's about 4 1/2 hours on the train, so we can leave early, see a bit of the city, and get back late.  Never been to Scotland, so I'm taking the opportunity.
Wow!  :popcorn:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Ecurb Noselrub

Traveling to London, finally, on Oct 2.  This was postponed from last year.  It's a pain - I have scheduled a pre-flight Covid test, a Day 2 test (which may not be necessary), and have a return flight test kit.  I think I'll have my booster by then, but my wife still refuses to go with me.  She is more cautious than I am.  I need to get out of the USA even if only for a week.

Magdalena

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on September 21, 2021, 06:53:24 PM
Traveling to London, finally, on Oct 2.  This was postponed from last year.  It's a pain - I have scheduled a pre-flight Covid test, a Day 2 test (which may not be necessary), and have a return flight test kit.  I think I'll have my booster by then, but my wife still refuses to go with me.  She is more cautious than I am.  I need to get out of the USA even if only for a week.
Have a pleasant, and safe trip, Bruce.  :computerwave:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: Magdalena on September 23, 2021, 12:06:00 AM

Thank you, Mags.  I hope all my papers are in order. It's a real pain in the ass.

I'm staying in Soho and I have walking tours and pub stops planned every day.

Dark Lightning

Safe travels! I'm working on getting my feet better for some of the same. Can't walk too far at a given time due to arthritis. Though I will say that if I'm to have my pocket picked, I'd rather that it was at home.

Magdalena

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on September 23, 2021, 12:49:18 AM
Quote from: Magdalena on September 23, 2021, 12:06:00 AM

Thank you, Mags.  I hope all my papers are in order. It's a real pain in the ass.

I'm staying in Soho and I have walking tours and pub stops planned every day.

Biggus Dickus

I wish you an enjoyable, and safe trip Sir....you could also amuse those of us who will be stuck at home by regularly posting pictures, along with detailed accounts of your trip and adventures.

8)

I'm told the best thing to do when in Soho, in fact all of London for that matter is to go to this Sicilian restaurant called, "Circolo Popolare", and order yourself a "Booby Cocktail"....don't ask what this is or even Google it, just go to the restaurant, and order a "Booby Cocktail. In fact the first round is on Mags!

The restaurant is supposed to be very pretty, and have over 20,000 bottles of booze...Enjoy!!
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: Papasito Bruno on September 23, 2021, 02:47:19 PM
I wish you an enjoyable, and safe trip Sir....you could also amuse those of us who will be stuck at home by regularly posting pictures, along with detailed accounts of your trip and adventures.

8)

I'm told the best thing to do when in Soho, in fact all of London for that matter is to go to this Sicilian restaurant called, "Circolo Popolare", and order yourself a "Booby Cocktail"....don't ask what this is or even Google it, just go to the restaurant, and order a "Booby Cocktail. In fact the first round is on Mags!

The restaurant is supposed to be very pretty, and have over 20,000 bottles of booze...Enjoy!!

Thanks, it's on my list now!

Ecurb Noselrub

Just got my Pfizer booster, so I'm triple poked, and ready to fly!

Ecurb Noselrub

billy rubin

if you visit walton on thames and run across a nice italian girl named lisa cavalli, tell her ive never forgotten her

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: billy rubin on September 24, 2021, 09:48:45 PM
if you visit walton on thames and run across a nice italian girl named lisa cavalli, tell her ive never forgotten her

Sounds like a great story.  I will ask her if I see her.