News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

Should we talk about the weather?

Started by Eric V Arachnid, December 28, 2014, 12:28:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

I woke up this morning to find myself transformed into a "human popsicle". I initially considered the transformation to be temporary and slowly pondered the consequences of this metamorphosis.

Now I hope this transformation is temporary.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

xSilverPhinx

First day of winter and temperatures passed 30 degrees Celsius. ::) No comments.

Randy

At least you won't turn into a Popsicle this time.  :grin:
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Randy on June 21, 2020, 12:10:34 AM
At least you won't turn into a Popsicle this time.  :grin:

:sad sigh: I liked being a Popsicle.

hermes2015

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on June 20, 2020, 09:45:47 PM
First day of winter and temperatures passed 30 degrees Celsius. ::) No comments.

I would like a bit of that heat. It is 3° at the moment and this past week we hit highs of 10°.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

billy rubin

first day of summer

30 degrees

still have the gray treefrogs

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Randy

93F/34C here. Since it is the first day of Summer I can only imagine what it's going to be like by August!
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

billy rubin

where i lived in california it often got to 115 F in town, because of all the asphalt. on the same day out in the country it might only be 110.

easy to live with if you had ventilation or a fan.

i remember my wife working in the colorado river years ago. 119 degrees , in the water in chest waders. 100 percent humidity and in the sun. pretty hot work.

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

xSilverPhinx

Today was cooler. Not enough to be a Popsicle but comfortable enough. :smug:

billy rubin

got up at 0300 this morniong. stumbled out to the motorcycle to go to work.

no start. i'd left the lights on.

so i went and got in the monster truck and thundered down the gravel to town. before i got there the night sky had opened up and it was pouring  rain. rained all day.

win!

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Randy

A large dust plume is scheduled to hit the eastern US. Atlanta is going to have an amazing sunset.

xSilverPhinx

We had an extra-tropical cyclone yesterday with winds speeds ranging from 80 to 120 km/h, depending on the region. They were calling it ciclone bomba (yes, that means exactly what you're thinking it means). Not the most fearsome of windy monsters but we're not used to having to deal with them so they wreak havoc. At least 8 dead. Thousands of fallen trees, loads of destroyed property and entire areas of evacuated houses in the hardest-hit regions.

Just one more 'check' in the end-of-the-world checklist.

Coronavirus plague. Check.
A cloud of ravenous grasshoppers. Half check. They're in Argentina on their way to Brazil.
The Anti-christ has risen (Bolsonaro). Check.
Weird weather. Check.

What's next? :notsure: 

xSilverPhinx

I'll tell you what's next: another cyclone tonight. :banging head:

hermes2015

Yay! After many cold days, it's a pleasant 294K here today.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames