Started by Eric V Arachnid, December 28, 2014, 12:28:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jumbojak

Quote from: Buddy on January 14, 2019, 10:56:28 PM
Quote from: jumbojak on January 14, 2019, 09:59:12 PM
Quote from: Buddy on January 14, 2019, 07:16:40 PM
Quote from: Sandra Craft on January 14, 2019, 07:05:11 PM
Quote from: Buddy on January 14, 2019, 07:03:30 PM
We finally had our first snowfall here and I'm already over it. There's more on the way too.  >:(

Yep.  I experienced snow once in my life and that was more than enough for me.

I wouldn't mind so much if I had a garage. It's such a pain when the snow melts just enough to freeze and suddenly I can't open the car doors.

Cordless heat gun is all I'm going to say.

Holy crap that is a fantastic idea. I've just been pouring windshield wiper fluid on it. Will it mess up the paint?

If you held it in place for too long, yes. Milwaukee makes the only cordless heat gun I know of. A small torch would be a more economical option.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

xSilverPhinx

This heat just won't relent! :desert:

Neither will my complaining.  :snooty:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Bluenose

It's been bloody hot the last few days and more to come.  Glad I don't live in Tarcoola in South Australia, they had 49°C (120°F) yesterday and it's predicted to get there again today.  Sheesh!
+++ Divide by cucumber error: please reinstall universe and reboot.  +++

GNU Terry Pratchett

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Bluenose on January 16, 2019, 12:45:52 AM
It's been bloody hot the last few days and more to come.  Glad I don't live in Tarcoola in South Australia, they had 49°C (120°F) yesterday and it's predicted to get there again today.  Sheesh!

Yikes.  I guess that's a preview of my summer.  Last year it got up to 113F three times, and I'm near the ocean!  In August it got up to 127F in Death Valley, with an average of 108F all summer long.  It's turning me into a compulsive temperature watcher.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

xSilverPhinx

Rained a little, now instead of just hot it's hot and humid!  >:(

Sandra Craft

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on January 17, 2019, 09:13:16 PM
Rained a little, now instead of just hot it's hot and humid!  >:(

Ah, the weather that makes you feel like someones thrown a heavy, wet blanket over you and you can't get it off.
Sandy

jumbojak

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Sandra Craft

It finally stopped raining, at least for awhile.  The storm that came in off the Pacific is apparently on it's way to Mexico.
Sandy

Harmonie

We got a whopping trace of snow early this morning. I suppose this is the new standard for snow "storms" where I live. How sad. Will I seriously have to move up Northeast to even see anything more than a dusting (which this wasn't even) ever again?

Icon Image by Cherubunny on Tumblr
"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." - Susan B. Anthony

Dark Lightning

Huh. Fair and sunny, with some breezes. 77F here in southern California. I fear that this will be a harbinger of the 119F temps we had last August.

xSilverPhinx

It's been raining these days and temperatures are back in the tolerable range.

For now.

jumbojak

High of 65°F this morning and it's set to drop to 30°F by dark with a low of 18°F tonight, plus high winds to add a chill factor.

Icarus

Nasty incursion of cold weather.  The temps are predicted to drop into the freezing range tonight and the winds are in the 20s which make 32F feel like 20.  That is not supposed to happen in sunny Florida but alas it does damned near every year.

jumbojak