Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

Should we talk about the weather?

Started by Eric V Arachnid, December 28, 2014, 12:28:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jumbojak

Quote from: Harmonie on March 13, 2018, 04:25:13 PM
Quote from: jumbojak on March 13, 2018, 02:00:36 AM
You can have ours if you want! I hate to think of the gridlock in Oklahoma if a sudden snowstorm coated the roads.

Before the winter of 2011, we used to get a good snow every single winter, though. Ever since then, it's been like 1 inch or less every year. Yet in early 2011 it was over a foot in one storm and over 20 inches for the winter total. =/

People around here can handle it.

You learn something every day. I was assuming Oklahoma residents would react to snow and ice the same way Texas do.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Harmonie

Quote from: jumbojak on March 14, 2018, 02:26:59 AM
Quote from: Harmonie on March 13, 2018, 04:25:13 PM
Quote from: jumbojak on March 13, 2018, 02:00:36 AM
You can have ours if you want! I hate to think of the gridlock in Oklahoma if a sudden snowstorm coated the roads.

Before the winter of 2011, we used to get a good snow every single winter, though. Ever since then, it's been like 1 inch or less every year. Yet in early 2011 it was over a foot in one storm and over 20 inches for the winter total. =/

People around here can handle it.

You learn something every day. I was assuming Oklahoma residents would react to snow and ice the same way Texas do.

They do now, actually.

It's hard for me to believe. In 2011, when there was a foot of snow on the ground and the temperature was -20 F outside, my college did not cancel classes (K-12 schools did close, though. That's only common sense, you don't want kids out in such cold temperatures).

In recent years, schools close down if there's an inch of snow on the ground, including the same college mentioned above.

Seven years of no winter has changed a lot of things. But it hasn't changed ignorant peoples' minds on global warming.  ::)

Icon Image by Cherubunny on Tumblr
"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." - Susan B. Anthony

xSilverPhinx

Thunderstorms and hail in the forecast for tomorrow. I guess it's a good day to stay indoors! I don't want to get hit in the head by an ice cube falling from the sky or anything...
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on March 14, 2018, 11:49:46 PM
Thunderstorms and hail in the forecast for tomorrow. I guess it's a good day to stay indoors! I don't want to get hit in the head by an ice cube falling from the sky or anything...

In the end, just a glorified drizzle and no hail.  ::)

(I don't regret staying in, though).  :visit morpheus:

Dave

The world (well, this bit of it) went white overnight.

Glad I did my shop yesterday!
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Tank

Quote from: Dave on March 18, 2018, 08:52:51 AM
The world (well, this bit of it) went white overnight.

Glad I did my shop yesterday!
Same here!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

jumbojak

Supposed to approach 70F today. Snow on Wednesday.

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

xSilverPhinx

36C today. I'm trying to move as little as possible so this is all I'll type here for now.

Harmonie

It stayed in the lower 50s and upper 40s today with overcast skies. My kind of day! =D

Icon Image by Cherubunny on Tumblr
"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." - Susan B. Anthony

xSilverPhinx

The temperature is tolerable. It's going to be a rainy day but I don't mind!

Tom62

A couple of days ago it was cold (-6 degrees) and snowing; now we've got wonderful, sunny spring weather (13 degrees).
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

xSilverPhinx

I woke up this morning with a dark cloud over my head. I've named it Claude.

Tank

We went out yesterday and didn't freeze!!!!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

jumbojak

Yesterday was nice right up until I went to hang my work clothes on the line. Of course, it started to rain.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: jumbojak on March 26, 2018, 01:12:56 PM
Yesterday was nice right up until I went to hang my work clothes on the line. Of course, it started to rain.

There must be a Law for that, right? Kinda like Murphy's Law but related to the probability of it raining just after you hang your clothes to dry? :notsure: